LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rama (self)     30 August 2014

Urgently need help

i  do a business and have a shop and a godown from  my grandfathers time.(nearly for 50 years). there is all documents(rent bill electricity bill etc in my name) for the shop but no rent bill nothing for the godown .the whole problem lies with the godown . now the landlord takes the rent of the shop and in the back of the bill he adds the rent for the godown. this has been going on from the starting. but now suddenly he is saying to increase the rent for the godown 3 times, to which i have objected. he now says that he shall go to court. i am saying him that i am ready to pay the increased rent but i want the rent bill for the godown. he says that he will not give rent bill for the godown because then i will be the owner of the property. he also says that if i have to take the rent bill i will have to pay the salami at the present rate. what do  i do.????.... please help . please say me what are my plus points and what  are the plus points in favour of the landlord. also let me clarify that the house of the landlord is very big and they live on the first floor and on the ground floor there are about 70 godowns like ours which they have rented.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 August 2014

Get the matter discussed and sorted out with landlord amicably, otherwise, issue legal notice for issuance of rent bill/receipts.

Engage a prudent local lawyer to take care of the case in a professional manner, in your own interest and benefit.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     02 September 2014

You have two options to solve your problem, namely,-

1.  If for your business interest and considering need of usage of the godown you want to settle up the matter then you can start dialogue with your land lord for peaceful settlement convenient  for an acceptable solution.

2.  To serve a legal notice claiming rent receipt for Godown but in that event the matter may crop up legal litigation and cause rupture of  cordial relationship with your landlord..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2014

If no amicable settlement if foreseen, issue a legal notice to the landlord demanding rental receipts for godown let to you on rent for which had had been acknowledging an unofficial receipt by endorsing the same at the backside of the basic rental receipt. Refuse paying extra and exorbitant demand of rent for godown, if he still insists, file a petition before Rent controller for fixation of fair rent to the godown and your your state rent control act.

rama (self)     20 August 2015

i have a godown in kolkata 50 years . we have it for about 50 years . now the landlord does not give us the bill and takes a monthly rent of rs 400. now suddenly he is saying that the rent be increased to rs 1500 and also pay a salami of rs 2 lacs. after which they are saying they will give the ownership to me. now i dont understand one thing that if i give the salami then i become the owner of the godown and if it is so then why shall i keep on paying rent to landlord. also kindly enlighten me on what are the benefits and backdrops of the ownership procedure as suggested by the landlord in respect to me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register