LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Urgent - how to change fathers name in birth certificate?

My name is Geevarghese George, and I'm from Kochi - Kerala. My fathers name is George Kurian, and our family name is Kottakudiyil. I just turned 21 and Im hoping to do my masters/integrated PhD in the US of A.
Im planning on applying for a fresh passport by Jan-2014, and thats when I really looked into the minute details provided in Passport Sevas website regarding the documentation required for the appointment at the passport office.
So, it Said that i will be requiring a Birth Certificate(BC) and a proof of Address for moving on into the next procedure. So here comes the problem. I was born In a hospital called Dharmagiri in Kothamangalam, Kerala and they recorded my fathers name as "George K.K." in the BC Instead of George Kurian by mistake.
All my records, upto my bachelors degree has my fathers name on it as George Kurian. And all of my fathers official documents has the name George Kurian on it, including his current passport.

How do I change it to George Kurian in the BC? or will it be all right if I try to explain that "K.K" is short for "Kurian Kottakudiyil", with proof such as the Ration Card? Any help will really be appreciated. Thank you.


 1 Replies

Varinder (fresher)     20 December 2013


You must file Declaration suit in the Competent Civil Court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query