Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pvt_RajKing (Private)     28 November 2013

Urgent help! is two separate appeal maintainable?

Hello Experts,

I need this info urgently.

Is it possible to maintain two separate appeals against the same order but challenging different portions of the order appealed from? (assuming it is not time barred)

I have made a first appeal u/s.19(1) of RTI act against illegal charge by the Public Information Officer. No reply

I then made 2nd Appeal u/s.19(3) with the Information Commission on the same but the Information Commission issued an order stating that the information has been given and thus closing the 2nd appeal. The 2nd appeal decision did not talk about the real dispute on illegal charges and nor made any decision on that issue as such.... so the issue is still not addressed. This being the case,

Can I now file another 2nd appeal rising the illegal charge issue? It should be possible since the Information Commission never took up this dispute and never made any decision on the same. 

I am trying to do this since the Information Commission has no power to review (which is settled already by High Courts, i.e no power to review)

Please see if you can share any cases where more than one appeal was allowed on distinct issues but emanating from the same lower court order.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register