LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikramraj Patil (xxxx)     27 January 2016

Urgent: booked under mv act 184, 185 in pune

I am a student. On 23/1/2016 i was booked for drunken driving under section 184 and 185  (a) of MV act 1988. I was tested positive on the breatheanalyzer test  and the police filed a charge sheet and asked me to appear before shivajinagar court on 3/2/2016.

1. This is my first offence ever. How should i proceed to court? plead guilty? hire a lawyer? Will I be imprisoned? 

2.Since they have filed a charge sheet against me, does it affect anyway my career and job? Does it reflect anywhere in police clearance certificates or in backround checks for job?

3. In the visa applications (esp. US VISA), should i mention this or it is not required?

Pls help me on this.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 January 2016

if you or a loved one are arrested for Driving Under the Influence, you may need an experienced DUI lawyer. A skilled attorney who specializes in defending DUI cases will evaluate all the evidence, including the procedure and results of any field sobriety and chemical tests, to ensure that your legal rights are protected

hp   14 June 2016

Hi Raj, please let me know how you got this closed, one of my friend has been booked under similar DUI charge in Pune yesterday and needs help as it is a first time offence. Thanks for the help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register