LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajindia (owner)     02 December 2014

Urgent: authority to shut down restaurants with no license

PLEASE TREAT THIS AS URGENT. THANK YOU. I HAVE ISSUED A NOTICE TO START INDEFINITE FAST.

Hello,

I want to know as to who has the authority to close down the restaurants (restaurants run in shop gala in a building) that are running without ANY license in PUNE. Municipal corporation, Police and Food & Drugs Administration (FDA) are pointing finger at each other with no one taking responsibility for this.

I have a letter from police saying that no restaurant has any permit issued by them. Municipal corporation has issued us a letter saying that they are illegally using water supplied to the building, so we can cut it off. Moreover, they have issued a letter saying that these restaurants' drainage is not supposed to be connected to the building drainage, so we could disconnect it. We have done this accordingly, but these restaurants are still running and their drainage has created filth in the building as it has nowhere to go.

Municipal corporation has threatened us that they will file a criminal case against the flat owners for creating unhygienic situation in the building where as no one from these three authorities is taking any action in shutting down these restaurants in the first place and are instead blaming us.

Could some one highlight as to whose responsibility it is ultimately to shut down these illegal restaurants? (apart from moving the courts of course).

Learning

2 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     02 December 2014

Approach your District Collector - This is the supreme authority at District level to deal inter departmental conflicts or confusions.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     31 December 2014

pmc is competent to take action, if trade and health licence is not issued.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register