Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

haradatta (proprietor)     20 May 2012

Urban land ceiling

sir,

recently i had entered into an Agreement towards purchase of a land in the pheripheral area of Hyderabad.  Subsequently upon my enquiry, it was found to be that the said land is subjected to ULC Act and certain amount need to be paid in order to avail the relevant clearance and to the said effect i got a reply under the RTI Act confirming the said fact.  Upon approaching my vendor in the said aspect, to my surprise, he too have placed me with a contradictory "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" issued by the same authority.  What i need to do? i am confused, pls advice.

Thank you 

Learning

13 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     21 May 2012

The ULC Act has been repealed in the state of AP in 2008 and there is no requirement of any NoC.

If you have purchased the land under an agreement please pay the requisite stamp duty and register the document.

S Jadhav

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     21 May 2012

If the land has been permitted under sec 20, then please ensure that there was no surplus land when the repeal act was passed and the land was developed as per the plans under sec 20 of ULCRA.

S Jadhav

haradatta (proprietor)     22 May 2012

Thank you for the reply sir, but when the repeal act was passed, the said land was surplus land, what i need to do now?

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     23 May 2012

IF it was declared surplus under the ULCRA then what is the status of the procedure now? I assume an 8(4) order was issued to the landholder.

Was any further action completed such as 10(3) and then 10(5)? Can you provide details of the statement under section 6.

Please provide details.

If the government had not taken possession before the repeal then the land belongs to you and the ULC has no effect. This has been decided by the Supreme Court.

S Jadhav

haradatta (proprietor)     05 June 2012

sir,

i had sought the information under the RTI Act in relation to the applicability of the ULC Act over my agreement schedule property wherein the competent authority had confirmed the same through their reply stating the said property falls under the ambit of surplus land.  Followed by i had sought further information in relation to the quantity of money i need to pay to the said authority towards regularisation of the same and the said authority vide through it's letter, dated 23-4-2012 had notified me with certain amount payable by the title holder towards clearance.  Surprisingly, on the same date, my vendor had too obtained NOC from the said authority thereupon had put me in ambiguity and confusion.  Things thus remaining, the area surrounding the property is filled with newly constructed houses and is in the occupation of the third parties with almost no vacant land being left.  What i need to do now? Do i need to insist my vendor towards payment of the money as prescribed the ULC or need i go further in getting a registered sale deed in my favour.  Pls clarify.  Thanking you sir

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     04 September 2012

Dear Haradatta,

In Andhra PRadesh, ULC Act is repealed.

The Land under Litigation are exempted under the above said Act but the land already taken over possession(Symbolic) by Government are vested with Government.

Only on verification of particular Survey Number, Village, Mandal, we can state whether the land is still under ULC purview.

For the lands which are taken possession by the Government (Symbolically) but still under the possession of the actual owner and subsequently innocent purchasers of land from such Landower are protected by the Government through GO 747 while regularising their ownership by collecting the Land value as per the GO and regularising the same.

In your case, you hve said that NOC was issued. Is that NOC is issued by the District Collector? If yes then you need not go to any other office for verification but you have to confirm that that NOC is genuine or not.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     04 September 2012

Dear Haradatta,

In Andhra PRadesh, ULC Act is repealed.

The Land under litigation with regard to said Act are exempted but the land already taken over possession(Symbolic) under the above Act by Government are vested with Government.

Only on verification of particular Survey Number, Village, Mandal, I can state whether the land is still under ULC purview or not.

For the lands which were taken possession by the Government (Symbolically) but still under the possession of the actual pattadar/owner. If such land is purchased by innocent purchasers from such Landower are protected by the Government through GO 747 while regularising their ownership by collecting the Land value as per the GO and regularising the same by way of issuing a Government ORder and subsequently, Government will demarcate the land which is again symbolically handed over to such innocent purchaser(who will be the last person to be called as successor-in-title).

In your case, you have said that NOC was issued. Is that NOC is issued by the District Collector? If yes then you need not go to any other office for verification as the same is not under the purview of ULC 10(6) provision. But you have to confirm that that NOC issued by Joint Collector, O/o District Collector is genuine or not.

Denzil Fernandez (owner)     06 March 2013

Our land in mangalore was taken over by the urban land ceiling act in 1980 and we were given a meger compensation fot the land ie 1.10 Acre and a  compensation paid was just Rs 13,000.  It  has been  30 years since and the land still remains in the same condition we had given it to the state government.  The Title of the land as i got the RTC from the land records office still stands in my name and the government has not alloted that land to any individuals since.  Since the land has not been utilized by the government for over 30 years can i claim the land back and paying back the compensation then to to treasury and get my land back to me as the Urban land ceiling act has been repealed?   Pls let me know if i stand any chance to get my land back from the government as the property still remains the same was as i gave it to the government. Pls advice.....

Praveen (Engineer)     22 April 2013

Hi Narsimha Rao,

We though of buying a PLOT in Vekateshwara HAL Employees Co-op Housing Society Layout in Konndapur, Serilingampally Mandal, R.R. Dist  with survery Number 101 - Part. Can you please tell me if this particular survery number comes under ULC and also please let me know it there are any pernding case issues on this Survey Number.

Appreicate your help on this regard.

Thanks,

Praveen

srinivas (Software engineer)     28 June 2013

AP govt vide their G.O.Ms.No.747, Revenue (UC.I) Department, Dated: 18.06.2008 provided guidelines for regularising plots faling under ULC. The copy of the G.O. is available at https://ulchyd.in/ under GOs/ACTS/Manuals

In the GO , in page(3) under condion (j), it was stated that "The registered transactions of purchase of excess lands / primary documents that took place prior to the date of adoption of Urban Land (Ceiling & Regulation) Repeal Act, 1999 i.e., 27.03.2008 will be considered for allotment under these orders."

Everyone who purhased the lands/property on or before 27.03.2008 are able to apply. Also govt extended the deadline (till further order) by making double charges for applying for regularisation.

We Purchased a plot in Hyderabd in year 2010 and  there is no ULC clearence for this plot. When I approached the authorities, I am told that Clearence is not possible in my Name and  NOC Can  be obtained  on the Old document Name. Will there be any problem If I clear ULC in the Old Docement Owner Name.

NR Jaganathn   05 November 2015

Sir,I would like to introduce myself as NR Jaganathan, a retired employee from PSU. While in service, I had l had purchased a piece of land measuring 200 sq.yds in Feb 1986. Along with me a number of employees working in Syndicate Bank also purchased plots in the survey number. Before purchasing the plots the employees of Syndicate Bank obtained legal opinion and purchasd the plots and also obtained loans from their Bank. Based on the above legal opinion I had also obtained loan from HDFC and constructed a house on the said plot ofland. In the year 1995, the Urban Land Ceiling office issued Notice dated 22.4.1995 informing that the orginal land owners have been allotted the required land under the ULC Act and the excess land are deemed to have vested bsolutely in the State Government free from all emcmbeerance with effect from 30.09.1994 under sub sec(3) of sec 10 of the Act vide notification published in the AP Gazette dt 30.9.94. Therefore the ULC Offfice has ordered all the occupants of the land in the surveynumber to surrender/deliver possession dto the Dy Tahsildar within 30 days of the service f the Notice. 

Before purchase of the land, therefore a temporary structure on all the plots of land and the Gram Panchayat whch existed at that tme of purchase also gave door numbers with property taxes duly paid. dThe Gram Panchayat also gave permission for constrructing houses after approval of the building plans. Incidentally the purchse of the above plots of land with temporary strructures was registered by a sale deed before the Registraar.

For better appreciation, I am furnishing herewith the events that have taken place in the Office of the ULC:

1. The contention of the ULC is that the petitioners(we) are not bonafide purchasers as the sale transaction has dstaken place after the commencement of the ULC act and avoid under 5(3)and 10(4) of the act. 

2. The original land ownners had filed statements in u/s 6(1) of the Act declaring their property. Incidentally the said plots of land were notpurchased from the original owners but were purchased from the vendors(who were his kith and kin) who had acquired from the originl owners through oral deed of partitionineffected in 1975 . As the above plots of land were sold for less than Rs.100/-, and vacant lkpossession of the plots was hand3ed over to the kit and kin ie. purchasers, the partition deed was notarised.

3. The ULC office had enquired into the statements and after verifying, draft statement u/s 8(1) and notice u/s 8(3) issued on 11.4.84 to the owners of the land determing the surplus area in the said survey, with direction to file objections if any to the draft statement within 30 days from the date of its receipt. The draft statement was served on the owners on 18.4.84. In response, the owners had file a petiton on 18.5.84 raising certain objections. After due enquiry orders u/s8(4) and final statement u/s 9 of the Act issued on 2.9.85 whle allowing equal sharestothe owners as this was ancestral property based on the occupancy certificate right lkgranted by the RDO issued proceedings dt 25.10.78.

4.The orders issued u/s 8(4) and final statement u/s.9 of the act has been served on the declarants(owners) on 11.4.85. The Notification u/s10(1)of the act issued 7.3.86 and published in the Gazette dt 20.3.86(before which date we had purchased the abovesaid plots of land). After publication of the notification u/s10(1), declaration u/s10(3) of the Act was issued on 12.8.94 and published in the Gazette dt 15.9.94 informing that the land re deemed to have been acquired by the State Government and vested absolutely inthe State Govt with effect from 30.9.94.

In view of the foregoiing, and we the occupants of the said plots of land having already acquired the plots of land with temporary strructures before the said date of notification and also obtained due approvals from the comptent auithoritiers for constrru ction of the houses and completed constrruction of the houses before the notification date, is there any requirement to regularise the allotments of the land under GO Ms No.747 dated 18.6.2008.

I shall be grateful, if you could kindly advise me on the further course of action.

Balaji   28 July 2016

I am having a DOUBT Regarding ULC , RECENTLY I CAME INTO AN AGREEMENT FOR PURCHASE OF LAND IN RR DIST QUTUBULAPUR KOMPALLY

THE VENDOR IS SAYING MY  PLOT IS CLEAR UNDER ULC ACT

I HAVE OBTAINED ULC CERTIFICATE FROM SPECIAL OFFICER COMPETENT ATHOURITY  Urban Land ceiling  HYDERABAD in the year 2012 

Is that certificate is valid ,or again we have to obtain any Noc from collector office .

If required , what will be the process for obtaining  noc from collector office 

Pls help me in this regard

Regards

Balaji

palle   01 August 2018

Dear Experts,

I have a plot in Kondapur and it doesn't have ULC approval.

When I visited the Nampally office and they said they have not received the GHMC approval yet.

Could you please educate me what is the ULC for? and what are the implication if I don't have it.

One of the broker said that some of the Plots are ULC exempt, could you please tell me where can i check if it is ULC exempt.

Also the broker said, he can get the ULC approval and clear th LRS. not sure how can he get it done? should i trust him?

I really appreciate your kind response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register