LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaishali (wife)     22 September 2011

Upgradation of the post in a autonomous institute

I understand that upgradation of the post doesnt depend on the presence of vacancy and its personal to individual , and if one of the officer appointed to the same cadre and in the same batch gets an upgradation..all the others also should be upgraded... I have been denied upgradation saying that there is no vacancy, while the other officer who has joined in the same cadre ,in the same batch(diffrent department in the same institution) same day reporting is getting upgradation of the post.. how to go about this.. please provide me with GO if it ai there to fight my case

Learning

5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     24 September 2011

It depends aupon the adhoc rules in case it is a public or Government organisation.Otherwise, it is the prerogatives of the adminstarion.

(Guest)

There is a lot of difference between the upgradation of a post and promotion of an employee against some higher post. So, unless you provide some detail, including organisation's promotional rules, you may probably not be able to get a proper solution to the problem.

vaishali (wife)     29 September 2011

our is a autonomous institute (dental college) under karnataka government guided by DCI rules.as per dci(dental council of india). as per the dci guidelines there are three caders professor, reader and lecturer.. There are 8 departments having 1 professor each and 2-4 readers and 3-5 lecturers depending on the work load. recently governing council decided upgrade reader post(first reader from each department  only)  and created supernumerary post of associate professor, with ahigher pay scale. however there is no enhanced workload for this post.in my department there are 3 reader posts. intially one reader was upgraded. later 2nd also got upgradation. I being the third , i have been denie upgradation saying there is no vacancy. this is also altering my vertical seniority, since the first reader in the other department is junior to me.. but on account of upgradation to associate professor, he is becoming senior to me...does upgradation depends on vacancy..?

vaishali (wife)     29 September 2011

our is a autonomous institute (dental college) under karnataka government guided by DCI rules.as per dci(dental council of india). as per the dci guidelines there are three caders professor, reader and lecturer.. There are 8 departments having 1 professor each and 2-4 readers and 3-5 lecturers depending on the work load. recently governing council decided upgrade reader post(first reader from each department  only)  and created supernumerary post of associate professor, with ahigher pay scale. however there is no enhanced workload for this post.in my department there are 3 reader posts. intially one reader was upgraded. later 2nd also got upgradation. I being the third , i have been denie upgradation saying there is no vacancy. this is also altering my vertical seniority, since the first reader in the other department is junior to me.. but on account of upgradation to associate professor, he is becoming senior to me...does upgradation depends on vacancy..?

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     30 September 2011

For recruitment purposes, your college is one unit and the overall seniority need to be taken up for consideration while promoting or filling up the upgraded posts from the feeder categories. if the qualifications are one and the same for each department you can stake claim pointing out the seniority of appoinment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register