LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aceluffy   17 August 2017

Unpaid Leaves

Hi, I worked in a MNC for 5 years. I recently fell sick and had taken leave for the same. Since my condition did not improve I had to take all my leaves (annual and sick). I was informed that my leaves got over and will go on unpaid leave to which I agreed since I had no option. Later I was asked to leave job and join back later once I recovered. Now I have received mail from HR asking me to pay for the unpaid leaves that I took or my relieving letter will not be given since the leaves will be given based on pro rata basis. No body ever told me about paying to the co. Now my question is can the Co ask anyone to leave the job provided they r on sick leave with valid reasons. Second should the employee pay to the company for the unpaid leaves taken.

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 August 2017

Other than the present e-mail asking you to make payment had you recived any other communication in writing? Any how, the demand made by the company is neither fair or justifiable.

aceluffy   17 August 2017

Hi sir, no they did not send me any mail. Since I was hospitalized the entire conversation was on phone call. They had also told me that I can join back once I recover, but now they are asking me to clear interview and also get medical certificate to prove that I am fit. And I can do all this provided I pay them the money. I went and had a word with the HR team and they are saying that manager or team lead didn't inform you about paying back to Co that's not our issue. You should be aware of the rules. Now my manager stopped picking my calls as well. It would be great if you can provide me any suggestion sir since I am unable to join any other Co as well without letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register