Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Shah   14 November 2019

Unethical trading practice by stock broker leading to losses

Hello

I am a retail investor and a stock broking firm cheated me by advising trades in F&O (I don't have any knowledge in this domain) and get it punched by dealer by getting a confirmation from me. Eventually they make me suffer heavy losses out of which trading loss was approx 20% and brokerage was 80% of losses. 

Certain pratice stock brokers RM use to follow are

Call me from his mobile to advice the trade

Dealer call me from recorded line to ask my trade and i use to repeat whatever RM suggested me

Incase of loss, RM kept on suggesting trade to recover past loss.

They are proffesionals and hence they made a recorded welcome call, told me about the risk and role of the broker, made me sign PoA

Eventually when my loss reached alomost 80% of my portfolio, they asked me to pay otherwise they never asked for any payment nor they sold my stocks.

When i was unable to pay they sold my stocks to recover the debit amount.

In the entire loss approx 20% was trading loss and 80% was brokerage fees.

When i reached NSE IGRP, they also favored the stock broker stating that i have agreed to trade by signing certain documents and i have to use my intelligence to trade. Next option given to me is file an arbitration with NSE.
In IGRP, i was clearly seeing that panel is supporting stock broker.

In the past NSE has given variuos awards to the same stock broker.

I want to understand what is the appropriate forum for Retails investor to raise unethical trading practice just to earn brokerage by stock brokers.

Whether NSE arbitration will be an unbaised forum for retail investor?

Learning

2 Replies

Navy Capital Law Office   20 November 2019

Dear sir, in your case you have traded in product that u don't understand. More Over broker have all recording of your order where u have accepted trade. It's difficult to prove that broker is wrong unless there are many such client like you from same broker who can give official complaint which will prove unethical practices of broker.

Ajay Shah   27 November 2019

I agree to your point. There are few more retail investor who were cheated in similar manner. They also compliant to SEBI but eventually they didn't got any respite.

Can i consolidate all such cases and apeal. Which forum would listen in such cases. NSE and SEBI are baised and their IGRP and Arbitration panel favors Stock brokers in 80% of the cases.

I need some guidance for my case on how to pursue it ahead or is it not worth pursuing

Regards

Ajay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register