LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HIMANSHU SIRSWAL   02 May 2019

US 138 NI

I got a summon under section 138 . On the first hearing do I need to apply for bail .Or can i give a application for bail on next date .

Learning

6 Replies

Azadar Husain   02 May 2019

application u s 317 of crpc can be filed for absent, but discretion of the court

Shashi Dhara   03 May 2019

Pay money and get rid off.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 May 2019

Trust Advocate and try for amicable settlement out of the court or for getting bail.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2019

You need to appear in the Court and furnish surety for aontinued presence during subsequent hearing. However, the Court has the discretion to allow the accused to reamain absent; but continued absence, esp. at the stages where the accused's presence is absolutely necessary, may lead to warrant being issued.

Eventhough the case has been filed, you still have the option of compromising the matter.

Gharelu nuskhe   05 May 2019

i have got summon on Friday of court for 138 and hearing is after tow days .. as of now I have not got any copy of complaint etc .. hence I have not hired any Advocate till now and thinking to appear in court for first hearing without advocate so is it necessary to apply for bail on first hearing it self? during first hearing it self do I have to apply for bail compulsory or I will be given time to appoint lawyer and next date will be given. once I get copy of complaint looking at same I am thinking to appoint lawyer later ..plz advise on bail part and appointing lawyer after seeing complaint is good or no

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2019

Please post in a fresh thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register