LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivansh   20 February 2017

Two person on same pan

Hello and namastae, my name is shivansh sharma, i have a query regarding PAN for HUF we had PAN allotted to us in 2005. when we see details for our PAN it shows someone else's name. we have even contacted department and they asked us to file manual return. we have refund of 9800 something to claim. also, we are supposed to provide PAN to bank but bank denies it being PAN belonging to some other HUF. please help me in solving this issue. i want new PAN but also refund for it. i am worried that i cannot surrender it as it might affect other party operating on it. Thanks Regards Shivansh Sharma

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 February 2017

Issue a legal notice under CP Act to the ITO for deficiency of service, as they have collected fee as consideration and issued a similar PAN No. and they are not rectifying the mistake even after the error was brought to the attention and inform them that you will be constrained to demand for damages and harassment caused to assessee for inconvenience caused due to deficiency of service and inordinate delay in rectifying a small mistake.

Wait for a month and then file a consumer complaint demanding compensation of Rs.25,000/-.  The entire expenses at the forum may not exceed Rs.500/-in all and there is nothing to argue before the forum except filing the past correspondence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register