LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srikanitkar   17 March 2019

Trials under crpc and the cpc

Are the procedures largely similar for a criminal trial and a trial for a civil suit?

Learning

3 Replies

Rashi Chandok   17 March 2019

Civil law refers to a general law, which is concerned with disputes between individuals, organizations, or both wherein the wrongdoer compensates the affected one. Outcome- Remedy

Criminal law implies the law related to the offenses or crimes committed against society as a whole. Outcome- Punishment

Srikanitkar   17 March 2019

Thank you for your response.

However, I am sorry it does not answer my query which is very specific. 

Srikanitkar   18 March 2019

Thanks Adv Om Prakashji.

I know that it is a difficult question to answer, but how much is the overlap (or similarity) between the trial procedures of the civil and the criminal cases? Is it say 75%? 

My present advocate mostly takes up civil cases. He has about 20 years experince. In such a situation can I allow him to represent me in my criminal cases which are at the trial stage. The main benefit is that I can trust him fully. Is trust factor greater than appointing a new advocate who spealizes in criminal trials, but whom I do not know. 

I fully understand that there will be a certain extent of subjectivity in your reply. Thanks in advance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register