LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sham Lal   10 March 2019

Trapped in lift for more than 1 hour twice

I was trapped in lift on 14 jan for 1 hour plus.

again today from 7:30pm to 8:35pm, I was stuck in lift.

lift in building has no alarm, emergency light, help phone.

builders dont pick phone.

temporary in charge appointed by builder since jan just takes us for a ride, shouts at us and tells to speak to builder.

I am 75 year old with ill health. I feel traumatic. today my daughter ultimately opened lift but I slapped her.

How can builder be forced to fix lift?

how and what amount of compensation can be claimed for this entrapment and social mockery? today at 11pm, we hear building men laughing and mocking us while we got tears in eyes, headache.

Learning

5 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 March 2019

You have to issue a written notice to the builder setting out the complaint and ask him for immediate repairs and endorse the copy to your local police station. You may proceed further if your complaint is not attended.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 March 2019

You have to issue a written notice to the builder setting out the complaint and ask him for immediate repairs and endorse the copy to your local police station. You may proceed further if your complaint is not attended.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     10 March 2019

Please report to the nearest police station as the lift is threat to your life,just file the complaint and issue alegal notice for claim of damages. 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 March 2019

Unfortunately, such situations need only God Father like people to intervene. But, alas, we cannot do that and go to only Courts which will not give you the judgement during your life time.

To scare the people and atleast stop them from mocking at you, issue a legal notice through your Lawyer setting out all the faults in the building highlighting the dangerous position of the lift, seeking damages for a minimum of Rs. 10,00 lakhs (there is no set amount for this kind) for the physical strain you underwent and mental worry you are subjected to.  Problem is these builders normally are goons and very highhanded. Once you give the legal notice they may react a different manner also. You need to have your own people to defend you in case the builder and his side kicks decide to further harass you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 March 2019

Yes, the best option is to give a legal notice seeking compensation. So also, it is not the case that police remain passive in such case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register