Transfer of title after purchase of agricultural land

Respected Sirs,


I would like to know the procedure/documentation of getting the title in our name from agreement of purchase of agricultural land. What are the steps involved in it? How much time it takes to get the title in our name from the date of agreement?

Location is Maharashtra, Shrivardhan.


practicing advocate

Only on the basis of the agreement of sale you can not enter your name to the land


Thanks a lot Sir.

May I know what is the procedure of getting the documents transfer in our name after the date of agreement? What are the steps involved? How much time it takes?

Request your guidance in this matter.

Jadhav & Associates

Once you have paid the stamp duty and registered your sale deed with the sub-registrar, you should apply for Index II.
Then you approach the local revenue officer/Talathi and apply for a change in name due to the transfer as per the sale deed. This requires a non-judicial stamp to be affixed to the application format available with the talathi and also the original certified copy of the Index II.

The talathi will get the name changed in the saat-baara as per procedure after which you can apply for a new saat-baara showing your name.
 This process takes a few weeks/months.

You may consult the local talathi or the persons from the sub-registrr/revenue office to help you. Alternately, please approach a local lawyer who will get this done for you.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu