LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BIPLAB SARKAR (ASM)     15 December 2013

Transfer of spouse

we are both husband and wife working in west bengal state govt. service but our posting in different  places(i.e. so far from my place near about 650 km distance). i am a gr. A govt. officer and my wife is a gr. c employee but our mother department is same i.e Home deptt., election branch., govt of west bengal.

is there any possibility to posting both in same place or nearest location without separate living. also we have a 8 month baby and my wife alone with my baby.

so i am requesting you please give me the suggestion to overcome the problem or if have any order or rules of west bengal govt. employee(spouse posting) and if you send me the reference order then i am very glad to you.

thanking you

Biplab Sarkar, ASM

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2013

Ther eis no legal binding on Govt to allow posting at same place you can make a request with either deptt.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2013

Since you both are government employees and the nature of job is transferable after a stipulated term of service in a particular area, even getting posted to same place will not solve the issue permanently(?), there is a provision for the Officers (Spouses) to be accommodated in a same place as far as possible but I am afraid that this facility has not been extended to the employee spouses below the grade of officers, you may apply to the department on compassionate grounds to get accommodated in an office(s) within the same geographical location.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register