Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekhar (consultant)     03 March 2015

Transfer of property which is in my deceased father's name

Hi

A piece of land is in my father's name. He was expired 5 years back. We are 2 brothers. After his death, ownership of that plot will be automatically transferred to my Mother's name? OR We need to approach the court for the succession certificate. We want to transfer the property to my mother's name.  Please suggest the process

Regards

Shekhar

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 March 2015

if he had died intestate then only 1/3 property will be inherited by your mother and you two brothers will get 1/3 property each as your share.but if your father had willed it to your mother you can simply mutate it on her name with the will and the death certificate of your father.

Shekhar (consultant)     03 March 2015

Hi Saravanan

Thanks for the response..

My father didn't write any will. We brothers don't have any objection in registering in  my mother's name. Please let me know how to proceed on this.  Also, Can we sell the property if its still in my father's name?

Any problems we will face if it continues to be in my father's name?

Thanks

Shekhar

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     03 March 2015

Pertinent to get it transferred in ur mothers name with ur consent n then sell

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     18 March 2015

1. First transfer the land to your three names by giving death certificate,  affidavit, indemnity etc to revenue authorities.

2. If you want to make your mother absolute owner ---- Make a release deed register it in which you both relinquish your undivided shares in her favour.

3. Get your names deleted from revenue records..

4. this way proper title will pass to her.

And if you want to sell you all three can sign the conveyance deed after undertaking the step at serial no 1 above.  withou doing any thing else.

(ALL THREE OF YOU CAN SELL DIRECTLY TOO TO ANYBODY) but adopting above steps will show more transparency and you may get more money!

cprogramer84 (Consultant)     20 March 2015

A follow up question on this if there is a "will"  available but its not probated, and there is no dispute between the siblings can property be transfered as per the division mentioned in the will?

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     21 March 2015

As long as every legatee is willing and all are in one mind there is no problem. But then why you should probate it. approach the revenue authorities and get it transferred in the name of any body as mentioned in my earlier reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register