Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rebel (designer)     04 June 2010

Transfer of Lease - Temple Land

Hi

It would be great if someone could throw light on this issue.

In the year 1994,  my brother bought a land (actually a transfer of lease for 99 years) from his neighbour which actually belonged to a temple. The property was registered in my borthers name and the local temple management recommended to the commisioner HR& CE  that the lease/name transfer to my brother shall be done. But unfortuanely the HR&CE management has rejected the proposal and passed the judgement that name transfer shall not be executed. But my brother has been paying the rent to the temple land since 1994 though the name transfer has not been executed.  Since 2001, my brother has stopped paying the rent due to an enormous increase.

Question is: Is it still possible to get this name transfer done to my brothers name if he pays all the dues.

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     05 June 2010

No. In case of deosthan land tanancy rights are not inforceble.

Rebel (designer)     05 June 2010

Dear Patil

Many thanks for your reply. But could you elaborate it more, as I am not really sure what deosthan land tenancy rights mean.

For your information: this temple land which I am referring to is in Chennai. So does the same deosthan land tenancy rights which you are referring to is applicable here as well ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register