LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mukesh   29 June 2017

Transaction

My uncle have transferred some money to other person and he didn't return.he filed a case on that transaction but the other wear a return statement that my uncle had return that the person whom he had given money can't return and no debt in between them.my uncle didn't return that statement.once he signed a white paper for some reason.that person used it to that purpose.how can we retrieve our money pls suggest

Learning

7 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     29 June 2017

Unless your uncle doesn't have any other proof of his money not having been paid back, or unless the person to whom the money was initally transferred doesn't himself admit to defaulting, there isn't much that can be done. This isn't the only instance where an innocent person is caught in messy proceedings because he/she left their genuine signatures lying around which got misused by someone else.

mukesh   29 June 2017

My uncle had voice recording that the person admitted that he needs to pay him the money not yet returned

mukesh   29 June 2017

My uncle had voice recording that the person admitted that he needs to pay him the money not yet returned

Adv. Vaishali Harish Gore (job)     29 June 2017

voice recording may or  may not accept as legal proof in the court of law. still you may approach court for the same

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2017

You need to prove that the person borrowed from you and did not pay.

Since the person has declined to pay it shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion after showing all related docs/communications from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/civil matters.

Why should anyone sign on blank paper?

mukesh   29 June 2017

My uncle believed him as he was his brother

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2017

If amicable settlement is possible try by involving elders of the family.

Or approach a very able counsel and let court decide on merits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register