LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shabbir Manjee (Student)     02 October 2014

Traffic police harassment

I am a normal office worker who works 9-5 job. I am facing trouble 4-5 days each month where a traffic police officers stop and ask for papers driving licence and puc and bike papers and i show them but due to any other issues they are started to ask for bribes by making out false reasons {last reason due to which i was fined was my helmet was impropered} i am so fed up with this issue i dont know what to do.

I want to know is there any solution where acitizen can file a complaint against that officer or any other solution for this.

Looking for some positive answers.

Learning

4 Replies

Rajender Kalra (Men's Rights Activist )     02 October 2014

Dear,

If u were fined because ur helmet was improper,then its a valid reason.As per the law they can fine you...study the traffic laws and ensure that everything at your end is fine...

1 Like

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     02 October 2014

hello,

if you are right from all fronts then you can record through your phone camera.

while on duty he must be wearing his name badge and id no. so just note it down and mail to senior officers of police and make sure you identity must not be revealed.

1 Like

cyberlawyer (barrister)     04 October 2014

In which place do you reside ?. There are people who dont even wear helmet. I am not asking you to violate the rules, but on the other hand that traffic police who demands bribe must be punished according to law as his motive to harass you is for the purpose of getting bribe and not to enforce the law of the land. 

You can capture his demand and his uniform with your camera and follow Mr.Rahul Kapoor's advice

1 Like

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     14 December 2015

Hi,

Firstly.. whether you are violating the traffice rules or not is a different question.. but paying bribe or offering or accepting bribe is a serious offence.. you can always file a complaint against this.

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register