Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shashi   11 August 2017

To consider inclusion of mca/mtech in the recruitment of scientist-b in nic vide advertisement no. nielit/ndl/nic/2017/7 dated 26.07.2017

Based on Miety personnel policy MCA is eligible for Scientist B , but NIC is not allowing for exam. can we go for legal to add MCA as a eligibility.

Learning

3 Replies

shashi   11 August 2017

To

The Director General

National Informatics Centre

Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology

A-Block, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road

New Delhi - 110 003

Subject:     To consider Inclusion of MCA/MTech  in the Recruitment of

Scientist-B in NIC vide Advertisement no. NIELIT/NDL/NIC/2017/7 dated 26.07.2017

Respected Sir,

In relation to your advertisement for the posts of Scientist-B in NIC (Advt. No: NIELIT/NDL/NIC/2017/7  dated 26.07.2017), I feel it is unjust that MCA (Master of Computer Applications)/MTech is not included as one of the qualifying criteria for the concerned post. I hereby respectfully contend against the non-inclusion of MCA as one of the requisite educational qualifications for the post of Scientist-B, on the points observed as below:-

1. Whereby as  per the  Personnel Policy for Group ‘A’ S&T officers of  the honourable MeitY, dated 19.09.2016, Annexure I (Eligibility and other qualification required by the scientist to be eligible for consideration under DeitY Personnel Policy for Group ‘A’ S&T officers), MCA and MSc’s have been listed as one of the requisite eligibility and qualification for inclusion in Group ‘A’ posts, viz. Scientist-B;

2. Whereby as per MeitY’s OM dated 14.03.2013, regarding Streamlining and Standardising the Recruitment Process, Annexure I (Essential educational qualifications for filling up of posts of Scientist ‘B’, Scientific Officer ‘SB’, Scientific Assistant ‘B’, Scientific Assistant ‘A’), which clearly mentioned MCA with BSc. (Mathematics as a subject) as one of the qualifying degrees permitted for the post of Scientist B;

3.   The relevance and technicality of non-inclusion of MCA/MSc, but the inclusion of MSc Physics (with 1 year of experience) in the advertisement and post concerned, whereby MCA degrees are structured and relatively more defined to the roles and responsibilities of Scientist-B officers as specified in the ‘Powers and Duties’ document of NIC, which states as follows:-

“Scientist-B (Systems Analyst) - Promotion, Planning, Design, Development and Implementation of Computerisation service of NIC to a Department of Government or an   associated   organisation;   Development   and   Implementation   of   Information Systems, Expert Systems. The job also involves Managing Information Systems, Training, Maintenance and Hardware Support. The Officers required to undertake field visits for successful implementation of the Project with respect to all technical aspects.”;

4.   Whereby as per the Gazetted and Non-Gazetted Posts Recruitment Rules, 2009 of the honourable Ministry, dated 08.09.2009, that for the post (9) Scientist ‘B’, column no. 8 (Education and other qualifications required for direct recruits), the texts, “MCA with at least 60 percentage marks in aggregate” clearly states MCA as one of the desired qualifications for the post concerned; and as per DoPT Notification on Recruitment Rules,  vide  No.  No.  AB.14017/13/2013-Estt. (RR) (1349), point  (3), that the legal position for posts to be filled up should be as per the eligibility conditions prescribed in the Recruitment Rules in force at the time of occurrence of vacancies, etc;

5.   The credibility and substantiality on the non-inclusion of MCA based on the Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) which came into effect from 01.01.2011, when there had been a previous case of non-adherence to the said scheme in the recruitment of Scientist-B in DeitY, ICERT and STQC vide advertisement no. NIELIT/2013/Rectt./01, dated March 2013, whereby MCA with BSc. (Mathematics as a subject, with 1 year relevant experience) was permitted for the post of Scientist-B, Group ‘A’.

Owing to the observations and concerns elicited above, I have the honour to bring forth my case for contention against this non-inclusion of MCA/MTech in the recruitment of Scientist-B (Group ‘A’) in NIC as per recent advertisement stated above, and to request your kind honour for the reconsideration and revision of the requisite educational qualifications to include MCA, and if need be, appended to it with an appropriate period of required relevant experience as in the case of the MSc’s, for the post concerned, to compete fairly in the recruitment concerned. Also, in case however if the request put forth cannot be accommodated, to kindly provide the reason thereof.

Therefore, I request you to kindly consider this humble request and I pray to you that henceforth, we MCA/MTech degree holders are being given an equal opportunity to compete fairly in the job opportunities that the honourable Ministry presents.

Thank you.

Your bereaved job aspirant.

shashi   11 August 2017

For now have submitted to NIC and pgportal.gov.in , 

Susen Nath   11 August 2017

First of all on which subject it has advertise.secondly on which subject for M.TECH? Next how such such matter comes with no proper avoidance?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register