Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekar   01 September 2017

Time limit to get certified copies of 498a case.

I am in a hurry to go to high-court(Hyderabad) for my 498a case, and I have asked my lawyer in the district court(Visakhapatnam) to get all the copies related to my case, it is almost 2 months he had been saying it will take time.

My guess is that because I am going for quashing with another lawyer he is intentionally dragging this. Does it really take more than 2 months to get these copies?

Learning

5 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     01 September 2017

Originally posted by : Sekar
I am in a hurry to go to high-court(Hyderabad) for my 498a case, and I have asked my lawyer in the district court(Visakhapatnam) to get all the copies related to my case, it is almost 2 months he had been saying it will take time.

My guess is that because I am going for quashing with another lawyer he is intentionally dragging this. Does it really take more than 2 months to get these copies?

It only takes about one week to get certified copies.

You yourself can get it.

Just visit to court fill the form of certified copy of criminal case paste court fee ticket of Rs 2, get it attested by the court where your case is pending.

And deposit the form on window of copying agency.

As my residence is 700km from this district court, does this "fill the form of a certified copy of criminal case paste court fee ticket of Rs 2, get it attested by the court" done in a single day? one more thing is that how do I get notified if the copies are ready? because I have to travel all the way 700km to this copies in hand that is the problem.

As a 2nd thought what I am thinking is, let him take his time instead of arguing with him, I wanted to hire another advocate from the same court just to get this documents? in this case, does my lawyer come to know that I am getting these docs from another lawyer?

In the worst condition I may get rid of this lawyer, as he already has my vakalatnama, how can I make it invalid?

Sorry for the multiple questions. 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 September 2017

Generally it does not take two months time in getting certified copy. It hardly takes 15 days to one moth time. Ask for receipt issued by copying agency of court when a person apply for certified copy wherein the date if application when for certified copy was applied and the date when copy would be ready and if there is any extension then that would also be mentioned. If you does not get required information and receipt then take help of another lawyer and apply yourself the certified copies. Sidharth 9811776422

Thanks for your response, it is time to find another lawyer.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 September 2017

There are cases in AP where certified copies were provided the very next day.  Every thing depends on relations of advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register