LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Three cheers

I am no Anna Hazare but doing my bits. I am a witnees to degradation of our beloved Army where I served truthfully for 30 years with no regrets . But i consider myself still on duty- to help our beloved country to get rid of the enemies within. There are only three issues which I would like to highlight and bring to the notice of all like minded people who loved their country as much as I do.

These are :

a ) Gross abuse of CSD facility meant exclusively for the troops but being extended to almost all civilians in the ministry of Defence as well as Offence. I am presently giving a final touch to my PIL against running of URCs ( Unit Run Canteens) by the Controllers of Defence Accounts as well as Canteen Stores Departments Depot/ Sub-Depot. Both these categories of Est/ staff are ineligible to avail CSD facility . Running of URCs by the dozen in collusion with top Armty Brasses as well as bureaucrats/ IRs/IDAs in the min of Defence as well as Fin Departments is nothing less than SATYAM/PWC Ghotalas and the root cause for mega scams and scandals in the defence.

b)  Regimetally Held Private Funds is the next in my list. An almost parallel economy is thrieving in the Army in the name of so called Regimentally held private funds by the billions. It acts like black money converter which converts CFI funded solely owned Canteen stores Departments profits into so called private funds . There are others namely rebates  , commissions , profits earned from alloting civil contracters to run NON-CSD outlets inside defence held govt buildings , premises, farm lands. Now -a-days private donations to the numerous mandir/ gurdwars and other places of worships ( called regimental institutions) are adding to the revenues to the regimentally held private funds .  

c )  Construction of private building with private funds on Defence A1 lands.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register