Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DR ZIYA AHMED KHAN PATHAN   08 August 2016

Threatening calls

Respected Experts,

I have been receiving threatening calls from my friends brother named. Once my friends brother gave a loan of 30 thousand to my friend i.e., his own brother 3 years before. I was present at that moment, and as both the brothers have disturbed relations now the lender is asking me to pay the amount or he shall complain that I had taken the money from him.

Sir, Is it so easy to harass anyone for money without any documentation of loan etc., I am a bit worried that the person threatening is quite influential, can he put his influcence to take my money and hurt my self respect and dignity.

KIndly reply

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 August 2016

only if he has any evidence in the form of promissory note or anything else which can prove that you had taken money from him he can file charges against you.otherwise no need to worry

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 August 2016

Sir, 

File the complaint of Criminal Intimidation as soon as possible. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

(Guest)

Sir,

People can't just disburse loans to everyone. Its illegal as per Punjab Prohibition of Private money lending act, 2007. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2016

You have posted that:

"as both the brothers have disturbed relations now the lender is asking me to pay the amount or he shall complain that I had taken the money from him."

Record such and other threats.

Are you a guarantor?

If you arte neither borrower,Co-borrower, guarantor then how can any liability be fixed on you?

m.kameswaran (student)     08 August 2016

HAVE U RECORDED HIS SPEECH IN YOUR MOBILE, IF YES IT CAN BE SUFFICIENT TO FILE POLICE CPOMPLAINT. U DID NOT GET ANY AMOUNT FROM THAT MAN  OR SIGNED AS GUARANTOR OR SERITY, AND WHY DO U WORRY ABOUT IT. FURTHER IF HE MAKES ANY CALL TO U  U CAN VERY WELL  ASK HIM TO STOP THIS TYPE OF THREATENING OR ELSE  I LL FILE A POLICE COMPLAINT AGAINST U...

nitingupta   08 August 2016

Can lawyer while performing his duties in the court under official timings of the court be prosecuted under criminal law without any sanction U/s 197 ? If not, then who will be the competent authority for such sanction ?

Thanks in advance.

I need judgements

REagards,

Dear Members- I really need ur help in emergency

Pawan S (Advocate)     08 August 2016

@Querist,

Let us know your precise role in the transaction.

Are you a Borrower, Co-borrower, Guarantor, Witness? Did you sign any documents related to the transaction.

1. Start recording any further calls from the lender.

2. Ask him, that you will file a police complaint if he don't stop harassing you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 August 2016

Apparently you have still more facts to reveal

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 August 2016

Apparently you have still more facts to reveal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register