The hindu succession act, 1956

My grandfather has three childrens ,my mother is elder and two son’s , my mother got married in1986 and my grandfather expired on 2000. After death of my grandfather all immovable property transfers to my grandmother. ( Karnataka) 
Question As Follows 
1. My Mother has any entitled to claim from her father's Property? If so how? 
2. My grandmother has any power Right Will to son?

Lawyer in

Your grand mother is having full rights over all the properties. 


Thank you Sir 

But My mother has any entitled to claim from her father's Property ? Note :- After my grandfather died on 2000, without  a will , immovable property transfer to her name .


At the time of death of your grandfather, he left his widow, your mother his daughter and two sons as class 1 heirs under the Hindu Succession Act,1956. Even if the property got transferred or mutated in the name of the grandmother, the widow that will make her sole owner of the property. You mother can claim her share which is 1/4th in the property by filling suit in the civil court for partition of the property.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu