Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shravankumar Kalasannavar   24 February 2019

The groom is denying to marry the bride after engagement.

Engagement have become 6 months before but now the groom is disliking the bride because of saying she is not beautiful. Is it possible to deny the bride by the groom after the grand engagement? He is also not providing respect to the elders who suggests him. then what to do? once engaged then no other grooms will ready to marry the bride. then what I have to do next? please suggest me a right way to proceed. I am begging with you regard my future...

Learning

3 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     24 February 2019

There is nothing that would comple the groom to marry just engagement does not obligates the parties to get married .

However A suit may lie on account of breach of promise to marry and claim for damages under section 73 and 74 of indian contract Act,but the you have to prove the breach, if you are sucessful to prove the  breach.

Abhishek Dadhich (Advocate)     24 February 2019

its god's grace that the groom showed his true colors. You have one life. choose a better life partner. Ask the groom to return all gifts he received on engagement etc.

1 Like

Sugar Daddy   24 February 2019

similar case happened here. groom got to know that jobs the bride had affair after engagement he called it off next bride side filed dowry complaint to extort money and twisted the story saying groom called off marriage bcz he didn't got the dowry he demanded. try to have evidences record all conversations with their side and record video with spy camera it will help you for sure

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register