Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep (developer)     26 April 2014

Tgransfering property

Hello all,

My Name is pradeep(Married)and i am the only son to my father, 

last year my father passed away and mother passed away 2 years back. The house in which i am living is in fathers name, I have got the name in legalheir ship as i am the only son to claim it.

Now what is the procedure to change the property to my name. When i went to pay proerty tax, they said you have change your document in your name to order to pay a property tax in your name.

I am not sure how to change the document in to my name when my father is not alive.

Pls help

Learning

4 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     26 April 2014

In the given circumstances, there is no need to change or create any deed in your name. As you said you are having legal heir certificate and death certificate of your parents, straight away you can make an application along with the said copy of legal heir certificate and Death certificates, to the concerned tax levying authorities to receive the tax from you by issuing receipt for the same infavour of your name. If the application is sent through registered post with ack. due, it could be followed up by invoking the provisions of RTI Act.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     26 April 2014

Pradeep as you stated that you are the sole legal heir and you have the certificate also , visit your municipal / nagar nigam office file an application for mutation, attach photocopies of legal heir certificate , fathers death certificate and submit it, within 40days the said property will be transferred in your name .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     26 April 2014

Pradeep as you stated that you are the sole legal heir and you have the certificate also , visit your municipal / nagar nigam office file an application for mutation, attach photocopies of legal heir certificate , fathers death certificate and submit it, within 40days the said property will be transferred in your name .

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     26 April 2014

Mr. Pradeep, nothing to worry. You pleased sent your request to the concerned taxing authority to change the name of property tax registry in your name along with copy of your parents' title deed and death certificate and legal heir certificate under Registered Post with Acknowledgement due or by speed post. If there is no claim of ownership by anyone except you, the authority is bound to change the name of tax Registry in your name. If no action is taken on your representation you may seek remedy through court. Good wishes..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register