Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishita (Engineer)     15 August 2011

Termination of service after resignation

Hi,

I need some advice with my situation here.

I worked in the Oil industry and joined the Corp right after graduation.

i)                    Six months into the service 4 managers left our dept and left a lot of work load on me, one other colleague of mine( she later went into maternity leave) and another manager (She never attended a single meeting).we had to handle the execution of about 30 units  

ii)                   I developed a gastritis condition later diagnosed as an erosive one (mainly comes due to stress). I had to take periodic leaves to recuperate. The leaves were not granted when I told them same reason again and again. I took them anyway on LOP. I had to as I was losing a lot of weight.

iii)                 Three years after joining, we had two new managers. When I was getting married in a month I asked them for a three day leave on medical grounds and also to put on some weight for the marriage as I was looking frail. I told my manager that the doctor has advised me to take a month leave if needed to as I seem to lose weight. I was granted three days leave. I later applied for extension on medical grounds till marriage and a month after that.

iv)                 Two months into my leave I received a charge sheet saying that I had taken unauthorized leave. I responded with medical documents and also considering that I was getting married.

v)                  A week after two months leave I went back to work and resigned after two days as I had to leave with my husband and he works abroad. I met with HR regarding the charge sheet and they told me that if I was resigning, this wouldn’t be an issue only that I would have to go on LOP for the time I was on leave. I agreed to that and I proceeded to make visa arrangements.

vi)                 One month after I had relocated abroad I receive another letter for further investigation. I responded to that and also attached the letters of communication with my manager where I had provided him with all the medical documents.

vii)               Six months after my leave I received a termination letter due to unauthorized leave.

Please help me with this issue, I don’t know how to proceed. I want my service to be recognized ( I went to work even  on those days when I was suffering a lot) I don’t want all of that to count as nothing.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 August 2011

Do you have the sanction of leave mentioned at ii), iii).

Leave is considered as authorized if sanctioned. If sanctioned leave shall be deducted from your leave balance maintained with HR/personnel and applicant. Leave on LOP is authorized/sanctioned if there is no leave balance. Your company might have recorded LOP as a minor penalty since leave was not sanctioned.

The solution to your problem lies with your company.

You may try and submit a representation addressed to your reporting authority, appointing authority, MD/CEO,HR Head and explain your view point that while other managers were not available due to..........you held the forte single handedly (as explained by you at i) and ensured the work and company does not suffer and due to the work load and stress suffered from ailments like stress (ulcers, as recorded in doctor's prescripttion). You fell sick and sought leave and supplied medical records which in the records of the company.

You can explain the situation as explained by you in your post and request the good offices of the company to intervene and grant relief to you by taking back the order of termination and accept your resignation as assured to you by .........(as explained by you at v)

Peruse and persist with patience.

This may work.

In future kindly take care and maintain proper records.

You remain a privileged employee till you are useful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register