LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar   29 March 2018

Termination during Probation period

Hi I am working in a Private limited company and I am under probation. I was appointed on 03.10.2018 for a different designation. without my concern they have changed me in to sales. I was assigned a territory by the month of January verbally and with in two months they are threatening verbally to terminate since I have not achieved my target. Is there any chance of terminating me without giving a termination notice.

Learning

6 Replies

TGK REDDI   30 March 2018

Changing designation is not at their discretion but terminating service without Notice is.

Raj Kumar   30 March 2018

Anny suggestions how to avoid this

TGK REDDI   30 March 2018

A million dollar request.

There're a million ways to please the officers efficiency being devilishly not included.

C H MAHADEVAN (Executive Director(Retd))     01 April 2018

It will depend on the appointment letter.

In some organisations,the appointment letter states that during the period of probation, the services of an employee can be terminated  without assigning any reason.But the principles of natural justice warrant that the reasons should be made known to the employee before the period of expiry of period of probation.

Where an employer does not follow the principles of natural justice,the only alternative is to adopt a legal course of action.

C H MAHADEVAN (Executive Director(Retd))     01 April 2018

It will depend on the appointment letter.

In some organisations,the appointment letter states that during the period of probation, the services of an employee can be terminated  without assigning any reason.But the principles of natural justice warrant that the reasons should be made known to the employee before the period of expiry of period of probation.

Where an employer does not follow the principles of natural justice,the only alternative is to adopt a legal course of action.

Raj Kumar   01 April 2018

Thank you sir. I have submitted my resignation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register