Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

joseph   17 August 2017

Tenanted premises name transfer on rent receipt tolegal heir

Respeceted sir /Madam

I have a query regarding name transfer on rent receipt from my mother's name to my name (son), my mother is a tenant from 1972 to till date and I am the only son and we both are staying in the same room since then. I wanted to know if God forbid  any thing goes wrong to my Mom can I get the rent receipt transfered in my name if the Landlord agreess , if Yes what are the procedures / documentation and do I have to pay any percentage / charges to the Landlord 

Kindly help

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 August 2017

After the demise, you shall be entitled to inherit the tenance right. An attornment deed to this affect or fresh lease deed shall be required to be executed.

joseph   17 August 2017

Respected Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but during the period when my Mom is around if I would request to change the name in the rent receipt would there be any charges to be paid to the Landlord like the 33% of property value or how does it work ,as my Landlord is a Masjid trust , and the attornment deed should be informed to the Landlord or can I just prepare the document and keep it for my safety. 

Please Reply

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 August 2017

During the life time your mother you are not entitled for transfer. No charges are payable in such case.

joseph   18 August 2017

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, Please let me know if I can proceed with the attornment deed  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register