LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   20 August 2019

Tenant not vacating after rental agreeement duration is over

Hi Sir/Madam, I gave a commerical property for rent to tenant for 11 month agreement. We reminded them mulitple times that they have to vacate after 11 months. They said they will vacate that time. But now, 11 months over and they are not showing any progress to vacate. They just say they need time of 20 days. We gave 20 days and still they didnt make any progress to vacate. They had given couple of cheques which bounced also. Now, we are deducting money from their advance. My question is I need that commercial space for my own purpose But tenant is not vacating at all after agreement. When I said we will go to court, they are saying they also will go to court. As per agreement, they completed 11 months and they should vacate.. right ? How can I vacate them as per law. They are minority community(Muslim) and I dont want to have any problems from them.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 August 2019

Always contact an advocate and follow legally valid process to avoid future complications and safety.  If another party is also powerful and uses the same tactics, your life may become miserable.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 August 2019

File an ejection suit in civil court, and a cheque bounce case in criminal court. You do not have any alternative.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 August 2019

File an ejection suit in civil court, and a cheque bounce case in criminal court. You do not have any alternative.

MJain   21 August 2019

I think if the case prolongs for 3-4 years the tenant will keep paying the last paid rent without increase...is it so...pls correct ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register