LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Punith   13 March 2018

Temple marriage is valid?

Helo. I am in relationship with one gurl from last 3 years. My parents agreed but her parents not ready to accept. So we are planning to go for temple marriage. So please tel me the steps to keep in mind to make that temple marrige legally valid.

Learning

9 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 March 2018

If you both are Hindus by religion you can marry according to the Hindu form of marriage following all the essential rites and ceremonies applicable to you in a Hindu temple, your Hindu marriage will be valid. You get the marriage certificate from the Hindu temple and register the Hindu marriage with the Sub-registrar or registrar of marriages of your district where you marry the person.

Deepak   13 March 2018

Sir, 

What to do in such case where the temple is not authorised to provide any certificate only marriage is done according to hindu religions in front of Pandit and friends.

If no marriage certificate issued by temple, a hand written and duly signed certificate from the priest/pundit about his performing the Hindu marriage between the named parties who are Hindu by religion according to Hindu rites and ceremonies applicable to them, this will be good enough proof of marriage for registration along with the affidavits of one or two friends witnessing the marriage ceremonies.These documents will help in the registration of marriage later on.

In runaway marriages all these have to be workout out.

Deepak   13 March 2018

Sir,

Currently they are having just Notarised affidavite mention details of bothe the party,cast and temple along with photograph.currently they are having kids and in birth certificate both name are mentioned in father and mother name.Do they still require any marriage certificate.

Registration of marriage and getting marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriages is always good for future official use.

Venkataramana Rambhatla   14 March 2018

you have to get a certificate from the temple management and register it with government

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     15 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     15 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

pragya jain   31 March 2019

Sir , my dad got remarried this january in digamber jain temple near calcutta. Marriage took place by exchanging of garland n putting of vermillion. This took place infront of our few relatives. There is one money reciept with us where it is mentioned about my dad n that lady ke vivaah ke uplaksh main. So can we go for annulment of marriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register