Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MKSingh (Personal)     05 June 2013

Temple marriage, family sentiments to close this matter??? Need your advice please!!!

I need your suggestions and thoughts, please advice me.

I and my girlfriend KEERTHI ARCHANA were in love since 2 years, we have married on FEB 7th 2013 without informing to our parents, our family situations were not good. In both side sister came for pregnancy. My girlfriend dad was searching a bride for her and she don’t want that to be happened, she requested me to marry her so that she can fight/tell her dad I love some one and married him already. I have married her in GANESH TEMPLE in front of friends and colleges. We both are Hindus, we have planned to do marriage register on Monday i.e. FEB 10th (No Marriage Registration). As our family situations are not good so planned to tell to our parents after completion of 4th semester (i.e. P.G. –> M.Sc ) and went back to our individual homes as usual.

The next day FEB 8th we were completely on phone talking to each other as wife and husband i.e. “You are my husband don’t forget this etc….” in positive sense.

On FEB 9th I didn’t get any call so I called on her mobile it was switched off, I called to their landline her mom lifted the call and scolded me like “If you call one more time I’ll cut down your leg’s etc.”. I went to their home alone @1.00 P.M. and spoke to their family members. Initially they said you did blackmail to my daughter, she don’t any thing and you did all these fake marriage etc. I said your daughter forced me to marry her, I requested her to talk with her parents first but she said my parents will do house arrest which I don’t want.

They call Archana in front of me and asked, what do you say now?

She said “I don’t want you!!!”, I was silent and listening to them I thought might be family pressure so she is telling like this, this is what I have understand from her face. Her family members (i.e. mom, dad and 3 sisters) said forget everything what ever happened and move on with your life and she will also. I said if Archana come to me or calls me then you people should not come in between us. They said for sure she will not come and we will take care, please give all photos or videos you have and delete all the copies.

After 3 days I gave a 50 photo copies to her dad. I was expecting that she is waiting/talking like this because her mom and dad are suffering with diabetes and pregnant sister is in 8th month.

She came to college for 6days only to write exams with her parents and had no chance to talk with her. I just used to see her, she used to see my face that’s it, no +ve or –ve expressions.

After completion on my exams, i.e. April ending I spoke to her dad, I love her so much, I’m a software professional what’s wrong if you marry her with me. He said your cast is different and our cast is different, I can’t do this because I have to live in the society and please forget every thing and move on with your new life. I said I can’t live without her please understand me. He said if you don’t stop/drop this matter here my family will file a PS complaint or I will suicide writing a letter on your name.

It’s almost 4 months, no call, no message, no response from her. I think she has negative opinion on me. Her family did not beat her once for this but mentally changed her. Recently I got some news from mediators that she is getting married to NRI. Recently in June I told my family members, they are saying leave it.

I personally feel I want her back in my life, I don’t know what happened why she is doing like this.

1) What should I do now?

2) Shell I fight in court to get back my wife in my life?

Is it through Restitution of Conjugal Rights or any other section?

I have only these Proofs of marriage: 60 Photos, 30 minutes videos and small voice recording data ( + 4 friends and pandith/priest ).

Can I get BSNL voice call recording/data? If yes how?

What is the probability of winning this case?

3) I think she will listen to her parents only and can put any reverse case on me. What all the sections she can put case on me?

Think as if she is your client. Can I fight back and win these cases?

4) If I give in news paper/media this along with marriage photographs?

Can they put any case on me for this? If yes which section?

Appreciate your suggestions and advice :)

Thank you.

Mukesh Singh.

Learning

12 Replies

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     05 June 2013

Mr. singh If  you are mentally prepared to fight then you file appropriate petition from concern High court for produce the girl in court and demand police protection.and made a complaint against her parents at concern police station.Unless girl made a comlplaint against you then you should be mentall prepared for going Jail.

@ kundan sir,

Thank  you for quick response.

Can I fight in Restitution of Conjugal, District court?

What is the appropriate petition for this?

If I complaint against her parents in PS, the girl will have negative opinion on me? If she says negative about me that she was forced to do this? etc. which is not because she requested me to marry, If I can get phone call  voice recording on that day from BSNL, i can prove it.

Advice.

(Guest)

On the one hand it takes balls to get married like this.

If taken such a step then should not abandon each other like your girl did.

Even if you pursue this matter in court, it will take a lot of time, and its a lot of headache involved.

Its just my thought after seeing much cases like these.

The one who could not stand for you, what is the gaurantee that even if you will be succesful in getting her back according to law, she will remain the same ever??

Thats point no. 1.  Secondly, you should not give importance to that person who did not give importance to you.  Thirdly, there is a 99.99% of her parents getting you fixed in a false case, where you will go to prison.

So think and then move.

Once you take a step forward legally, you cannot look back again, complaint against so called in-laws, etc, tarnished and burnt relations with them for the rest of tour lives.

If you intend not to pursue this matter, then, you should also not repent for the decision you have taken.

Eitherways dont repent for what decisions you take today in the future.

@Helping Hands!

How can I know she don’t love me or doing like this only because of parents?

Is there a chance of coming back of a girl If she didn’t like her new partner? If she comes what is my situation? Shell I go for marriage nullity??

Please advice.

Thank you

Reformist !!! (Other)     05 June 2013

Well said by Helping hand.....no point of wasting time on such a useless girl who cannot stand by you after marrying and is under family's pressure.....

MKSingh (Personal)     07 June 2013

After taking advice from many people I decided to close this matter or leave this girl.

So I want to leave this girl but without troubling my life or her life in a legal procedure, even in future there should not be any problem for me or her with these marriage photos or videos etc.

1. Can I do marriage cancellation i.e. nullity (void marriage)?
  2. What are the steps? Is there a better way to solve this problem?
  3. Going to police station and solving this problem there, will this be a good solution?

Note :

• There parents are not willing to put any kind of signature on any document e.g.  Memorandum of understanding form or divorce form.
  • I have sent a lawyer notice on “Restitution of Conjugal Rights” to this girl.

Please advice!!!

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

(Guest)

Now that you have decided to leave her,speak to them to agree to `Nullity of Marriage` and then carry on with her life.Because you are married(if ceremonies performed in front of witnesses) then her second marriage will be illegal and she and them can go to prison.Parents are quickly marrying her off to NRI as her new husband is abroad and will not learn anything about her past life.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : MKSingh

After taking advice from many people I decided to close this matter or leave this girl.

So I want to leave this girl but without troubling my life or her life in a legal procedure, even in future there should not be any problem for me or her with these marriage photos or videos etc.

Can I do marriage cancellation i.e. nullity (void marriage)?

What are the steps? Is there a better way to solve this problem?

Going to police station and solving this problem there, will this be a good solution?

Note :

There parents are not willing to put any kind of signature on any document e.g.  Memorandum of understanding form or divorce form.

I have sent a lawyer notice on “Restitution of Conjugal Rights” to this girl.

When you have decided to let go off, why did you send RCR to her?   This is insane.  Now unnecessariliy things will get complicated.  You should not have sent RCR notice to her.  If they reply, take it to court, and want to take revenge on you, you will surely see yourself behind bars. Be prepared for that.

Please advice!!!

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

(Guest)

When they are not ready to sign on anything, its as good as they dont want to do anything legally.  They are planning to marry her off as if she is a spinster.  If they sign on anything regarding nullity etc they get entangled into legal web.  When you have decided that you dont want to pursue, what was the need to send a notice?

Now ball is in their court.  If they dont reply to the notice, well and good.  She goes her way, you go your way.  Matter is closed.  Dont pursue anything, stay put.

MKSingh (Personal)     07 June 2013

@red

“if ceremonies performed in front of witnesses” will this prove in court that we have married?

If they don’t agree for `Nullity of Marriage` then what should I do?

Shell I go to Police Station and solve this problem?

@Helping Hand!!!

Do you thing what she did is correct?

A girl can marry when ever she want and leaves him alone when ever she wants?

(Guest)

If appropriate ceremonies are performed in front of witnesses and you have photos,videos of marriage.then this is a legal marriage.(Show everything to your advocate and confirm this).

Legally she shouldnt be marrying someone else or else her husband can file bigamy complaint against her and cheating towards her parents.Point it out to them.If after marriage,you create hue and cry then her husband will send her home and file a criminal case.

The choice is yours.What do you want.Live with her or go separate ways?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : MKSingh

@red

“if ceremonies performed in front of witnesses” will this prove in court that we have married?

If they don’t agree for `Nullity of Marriage` then what should I do?

Shell I go to Police Station and solve this problem?

@Helping Hand!!!

Do you thing what she did is correct?

A girl can marry when ever she want and leaves him alone when ever she wants?

Nobody is here to teach you moral science. All options explained to you. I dont find any reason to explain things any further. You may do as you wish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register