LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Azhar   10 January 2017

Telecom company

The telecom company M/s Idea Cellular Limited has sent me a legal notice due to non-payment of bill from my side. I have not paid the bill (Rs 900 for the month of June 2016) because the telecom company had shut it services in Kashmir valley for next four months, due to protests in the region. The company made no prior notice regarding suspending its services and I consider it a breach of trust, if not the breach of contract. I had no issues in paying the Rs 900 bill, but I felt I should not because the company has wrong me as a consumer by failing to pay the bill. What should I do next. Pay the bill with fine ( as demanded by the company in its legal notice), or proceed to consumer court. Regards

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 January 2017

What exactly is charged by M/s Idea Cellular Limited in its bill if service was shut down?

What exactly is the content of legal notice?

M/s Idea Cellular Limited; must have contacted you prior to sending legal notice and you must have replied that service was shut down.

What is justification of the company for charging while service was shut down!

Azhar   10 January 2017

It was a shutdown of internet and phone service across Kashmir valley. The shutdown began on July 8, 2016 and the internet services were resumed in November 2016. The company did not notify the shutdown. The company has not billed for the period of shutdown, but it has billed for month of June 2016 which was to be paid in July when the internet was suspended across Kashmir.

The bill for the period during which company provided service and customer availed service is to be paid.

If the bill was supplied and service was provided pay the bill. 

Azhar   10 January 2017

But my point is that the company is not supposed to disable and suspend the service without notice.

The company might have notified by SMS,email,newspaper.

The shutdown seems to be on order of govt.

Govt can order to shut down the service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register