LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anish R S   29 December 2019

Technical resignation from railways to state-pay protection

I am currently working in Railways(Group C) with a Basic pay of Rs.50500. Nw I am getting relieved through Technical Resignation to TamilNadu Govt(Group B) where the Basic Pay is Rs.37600.. My remaining bond period in Railways is getting continued in new dept. And I m having a lien period in Railways for 2 years. I would like to know whether I am eligible for Pay Protection in State govt or I will be getting the New basic of 37600??? For Info, I got selected through TNPSC and the new post requires a Job experience of 6 months which I am having in Railways.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 December 2019

You will get the new basic pay as per your recruitmentrules. You cannot apply for pay protection is such situation

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 December 2019

For confirmation, you can file RTI application to TNPSC and seek such information, if you have applied to the new job through proper channel.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 December 2019

In the given situation, you are entitled for pay protection. However, how the protection would be implemented is a matter to be decided while fixing our pay in the new post. If there is an actual loss in emoluments, you can make representation and seek judicial remedies, if necessary.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2020

In cases of appointment of a Government servant to another post in Government on acceptance of technical resignation, the protection of pay is given in terms of the Ministry of Finance OM No. 3379-E.III (B)/65 dated the 17th June, 1965 read with provisions of FR 22- B. Past service rendered by such a Government servant is taken into account for reckoning of the minimum period for grant of annual increment in the new post/ service/ cadre in Government under the provisions of FR 26 read with Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008. Pay of the substantive post held by the Government servant is protected. After Sixth Pay Commission, only the pay in the pay band is protected and the employee gets the grade pay of the post to which he is appointed after his resignation.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register