Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anju (def)     10 April 2012

Tds

Dear Sir / Madam,

My brother runs a private company which designs websites.  Recently he designed a website for a Corporate hospital for a total cost of Rs. 25,000/-(including VAT).    He has a company account/current account and IT and VAT is filed for it as well.  Now the corporate hospital is deducting TDS at 10% and Service Tax.  Please advise how to go about this.  Reply at the earliest is highly appreciated. Regards,Anjali

Learning

2 Replies

Vara Prasad (DEF)     20 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Need an small clarification. My employer shows Gratuity in offer letter and appraisal letter as part of CTC. But in monthly pay slips Gratuity is not shown but deducted from every employee. And the amount deducted is not deposited anywhere. So if I am resigning and leaving company before completion of 5yrs, am I eligible to claim by deducted Gratuity amount from my employer? Please suggest.

Thanks!

CA Archana Yadav (FCA)     21 February 2014

Dear Anju,

The TDS will be applicable to the software design services provider @10% as it will fall under technical services rendered.

To my opinion the company should not deduct service tax on this payment, as this is not liable to reverse charge category.

Do let me know for further clarification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register