LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhanu (Student)     10 May 2011

Tax on Farming

We have a agricultural land and I am thinking about doing Farming of Teak Trees and Goat Farming simultaneously on the land.

What are the corresponding taxation, as , i think there is no income tax on farming.

Also , the government of India also gives subsidy for goat farming, what are the procedures and entitlements.

Bhanu Pratap Singh

+91-7503207381

Learning

3 Replies

karinabartram (klhgy5ryt)     10 May 2011

Tax farming is the principle of assigning the responsibility for tax revenue collection to private citizens or groups.  Tax farming occurred in Eygpt, Rome, Great Britain, and Greece.  The principle was considered very effective for tax revenue collection  but suffered from a tendency of the tax-farmers to abuse the taxpayer for collection.

[url=https://www.southptc.com/real-estate-attorney-miami.html]Miami Real Estate Attorney[/url] | [url=https://www.southptc.com/real-estate-attorney-miami.html]Real Estate Attorney Miami[/url]

karinabartram (klhgy5ryt)     10 May 2011

Originally posted by :karinabartram
"
Tax farming is the principle of assigning the responsibility for tax revenue collection to private citizens or groups.  Tax farming occurred in Eygpt, Rome, Great Britain, and Greece.  The principle was considered very effective for tax revenue collection  but suffered from a tendency of the tax-farmers to abuse the taxpayer for collection.

Miami Real Estate Attorney | Real Estate Attorney Miami
"

bhanu (Student)     10 May 2011

I was asking about tax on farming and not tax farming per se

The tax on farmers if they go for tree plantation, that is plantation farming, is the issue which i wanted to bring out through this forum

Throw some light on the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register