LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabhu   20 October 2018

Taking possession under ex-parte decree

I have filed for a partition suit in a sub court asking for my 1/4 th share in my father's propert which I am legally entitiled too. The defendants havent filed written statement yet. My advocte says the Judge is likely to give an ex-parte decree.

Can I take possesion of my share and mark the boundaries under ex-parte decree?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 October 2018

Dear querist,

Yes, you can but it is advisable to wait for appealable period to be over.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

manoj   21 October 2018

In your case defendant is not filing his written statement, it is not mean that your case is correct and court will give exparte decree in your favor. Burden is on you to prove the case, you cannot take the advantage of the weakness of the defendant to prove your title in the schedule property. The person who approach the court he have to prove his case without falling into the defendant title. So even if the defendant became exparte, you have to step into the witness box and you have to file all the documents to prove your title, If the court comes to conclusion that you did not establish your title, the court will dismiss the suit as per supreme court rulings, if you want i will provide citations. if both persons failed to prove their titles, the plaintiff suit must be non-suited.

V E MANOJ KUMAR B.B.A., M.B.A, L.LB., 

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 86 86 15 92 92 

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 October 2018

Wait till the court issues preliminary decree. Then you need to apply for final decree.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register