Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod raina (CS)     16 August 2010

TRANSFER OF PROPERTY FROM BROTHER TO BROTHER

Dear All,

I have a small query,

My brother has a proptery registered in his name in Ghaziabad. I want to purchase that property for which the consideration will be less that market price.

Whether the registration and the transfer charges are apllicable, If yes what are the rates. Can a brother transfer his property to other brother?

Thanks

Vinod Raina

Learning

5 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     16 August 2010

ya brother can transfer there property to his brother .

vinod raina (CS)     16 August 2010

whether the registration charges will be applicable for the same, if yes at what rate.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 August 2010

yes, Your brother can transfer there property to your name and registered this document . U contect local lawyer for charges of Stamp duty and Registration fee etc......

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     30 August 2010

Mr.Raina,

If you want to purchase the property from your brother after paying due consideration, you can go for transfer of property through Sale Deed registration in your favour where you have to pay prevailing stamp duty as per the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar's Office,   If you want to save stamp duty and registration cost you can seek  Gift Deed from your brother, in which case stamp duty for the transfer of property through Gift Deed within the family will be very nominal, i.e., Rs.1,120 Stamp duty and regisration cost will be Rs.500/- for Gift Deed registration in Karnataka State, whereas the transaction will be mentioned as gratuitous, will you agree for that, decide by yourself.

All the best,

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     09 September 2010

Here in Tamil Nadu, For sale of property for consideration, the stamp duty is 8% and the registration fee is 1%. But for the settlement within family members due to natural love and affection the stamp duty is 1% (Max.Rs.10,000) and the fee is 1% (Max. Rs.2,000)

In Ghaziabad, there is a concession for transactions within the family. Mr.Vinod has to decide and consult a local lawyer for further actions.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register