LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinne venugopal (lecturer)     14 February 2014

Surname

I am  Dinne Venugopal, government employee. My surname is misspelled as 'Dine' in my some certificates and other certificates with intial 'D'. So I am using my surname as 'Dine'. Can I use correct surname ie 'Dinne' for my childrens. Dependents data with birth certificates should be given to government of Andhrapradesh . will it cause any problem because I have given my surname as 'Dine' to Govt of AP.

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 February 2014

You can give a gazette notification for the correct name and have your name corrected in your ser vice records.You can use it as well for the children.

abi (B.E CSE)     17 February 2014

Good afternoon sir, I would like to change my old name to new name as abisarva. Is it necessary to change my name in all my sslc, hsc and degree certificates after changing my name legally  via gazette .

Please advise me sir

Bhupender (Pvt. Employee)     17 February 2014

My name is Yadagiri Bhupender Rao, in my name my surname is Yadagiri and with out expansion of my surname i usually write as Y.Bhupender Rao.

I recently around 10 months back i purchased an Independent constructed house and in my sale deed due to the mistake of document writer, my name appeared in my sale deed as Y.Bhupender Rao instead of Yadagiri Bhupender Rao i.e full name.

Do I need to correct my name as full name in Sale Deed copy? is it Mandatory to have full name in my sale deed, if not will i face any legal issues in future, suppose if i need to sale my property again to some one.

To make this name correction do i need to involve the sellers again like for there signatures or there presence in registration office.

Can you please explain the whole process to do it and cost attached to it.

Thanks in Advance.

Bhupender Rao Y

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2014

@Bhupender:  you do not have to go for correction of name in the sale deed, there wont be any legal issues on it at later stage.

@abi:  you do not have to go for a change of name in your educational records, th gazette notification can be accompanied if in case there is a confusion of your name on any other issue.

@ Venugopal: after having corrected your name through gazette publication, you may along with a copy tender an application to your office to have your name corrected in the service records after which you can use your corrected name to your children too.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register