Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shantilal k. patel (Chartered Accountant)     23 June 2012

Summons u/s 160 of criminal procedure code

Dear Reader,

I have received a summon from police station u/s 160 of criminal procedure code and letter states to meet

senior inspector within 7 days for a complain regarding criminal defamation.

I had written letters about a firm (auditor) of companies to the board of directors giving inside information about the company. It seems that the firm should be behind this.

If I have written as a shareholder to the Board of Director giving internal affairs of the firm , can the firm do anything?

What should I do? Please guide.

s.k.patel

9892485457(mumbai)

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     23 June 2012

Dear Querist,

1. Participate in the investigation as per S.160 - put your side of the story, first seek a copy of the complaint before giving anything in writing. 

2. If that is the case, no defamation is made out against you - you wrote to protect your and other shareholder's interest, in a bona fide manner in good faith and not with any bad/guilty intention. 

Feel free to talk !

Thank you very much Bharat. If you give me your email id I shall send you full taxt ot the letter for your persual

waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Yours Sincerely,

s.k.patel

Thank you very much Bharat. If you give me your email id I shall send you full taxt ot the letter for your persual

waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Yours Sincerely,

s.k.patel

waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Yours Sincerely,

s.k.patel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register