LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NewDefendant (None)     25 February 2015

Suit won in trial court! what next?

10 year old litigation - finally won the case filed against me and the judge has ruled all issues in my favour, thanks to a very competent and excellent counsel who took up my case at the last stages (arguments).  I am very sure that despite having a very strong case and good defence, I would not have won it were it not for my counsel. Good advocates are as rare as hen's teeth and worth their weight in gold. 

--

I had very bad experience with my previous advocates - one was a high profile firm who were useless and kept asking me to settle out of court, thereafter I jumped from the frying pan into the fire when I changed from said firm to another advocate (who was worse than useless that at one time even the judge was exasperated and shouted at him!). 

Finally, by god's grace I was recommended this counsel in Mumbai and have not looked back since.

--

The fight is far from over as the Plaintiffs will definitely file an appeal in the High Court. I have no intentions of selling my property, so I don't care however long the idiots (plaintiffs) drag it through our legal system. The Plaintiffs have no case (they went to the extent of tampering with evidence and filing a false case) and are now doing it thinking they will  harass me.

--

Meanwhile I will be filing new Vakalatnama and also filing a caveat. I live overseas, so I am not too familiar with the ins and outs of our Indian legal system.

--

Anything else I need to do? Any advice on further steps I should be taking is welcome (I don't want to keep calling my counsel and disturbing him in court with my questions). Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register