Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Boy_Hindu (Engineer)     27 April 2014

Suicidal wife and husband's duties

Dear Sir/madam,

I am a Hindu boy married for 3.5 years with a 2 year old kid. Our relationship has shattered due to various reasons. My wife is suffering from Personality disorder (she has been referred to a psychiatrist by her father). She has been prescribed Lithium. She has once attempted suicide with intentional Lithium-Paroxetene overdose. Now the doctor insists that I dispense one tablet to her everyday and safely keep the tablets away from her.

To make it clear, if my wife wants to frame me, and since she has suicidal tendancy also, she can get the tablets from outside and take overdose and then say that I gave her the overdose. I will be in trouble if I have accepted the responsibility of giving her the tablets. So my question is can I tell this to the doctor?May be her can take up the responsibility of giving her the tablets

As a husband, is it my duty to comply with this request? (My wife can still get the medication from outside and consume an overdose, and I might be in big trouble). Can I turn down the request to take responsibility for her medication? 

Learning

4 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     27 April 2014

Do one thing. 1.inform her parents in writing. 2.inform your parents in writing. 3.inform the doctor. Finally inform the local police about her sucidal tendencies. For more call 9910657998. Mahavir singh advocate.

Adv. Santosh Yadav (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 April 2014

You should inform their parents about the same in writing and  keep ackonwledgement copy of the letter which shall bear the signature of girls parent. However doctor has no role in it. you may also inform the entire incident to local police station of the fact till date what has happened, take the acknowledgement copy from the police station also. and If possible try to keep her at any insitution which takes care of such problem or any rehabilitation centre.. 

Adv. Santosh Yadav, Mumbai

info@lexwork.in, 9820959658

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 April 2014

As the above experts suggested their valuable advise i want to add that your responsibilities does not end only to give information and collect the receiving one , still you will full responsible for any such act which is dangerious to her life , as you aware that she is suffering from mental disorder you should more alert towards her safety measures , you cannot ran away from your duty cum responsibility, your responsibility and accountability becomes more if she commits any harmful act , to resist her not to do any such harmful act , for that you can engage a care taker/attendant for her, which always keep an eye over her each and every activities till she not overcome from that disease.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 April 2014

As the above experts suggested their valuable advise i want to add that your responsibilities does not end only to give information and collect the receiving one , still you will full responsible for any such act which is dangerious to her life , as you aware that she is suffering from mental disorder you should more alert towards her safety measures , you cannot ran away from your duty cum responsibility, your responsibility and accountability becomes more if she commits any harmful act , to resist her not to do any such harmful act , for that you can engage a care taker/attendant for her, which always keep an eye over her each and every activities till she not overcome from that disease.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register