Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Heartbroken (T)     18 October 2014

Suggestion for remarriage. She is not divorced.

I am contemplating remarriage.I have received a proposal from a girl who was married few years ago but came back to her parents after seven days of her marriage and didn't return.BUT she is not divorced! When enquired further, her gurdians told that the marriage was a social one without any registration and hence she didn't get her divorce!They have no legal documents of either marriage or divorce/separation/annulement.Interestingly,the man afterwards got married to another woman and also has child from his second marriage without any objection from the girl's family!

Now,I think one needs to get divorce to consider second marriage and marrying without divorce might draw legal complications.I,myself had a bitter experience with marriage and the emotional trauma,social stigma and legal complications that followed.I got mutual divorce almost 2.5yrs ago and don't want any legal complications anymore.

Experts please suggest me what I should do with this proposal.Thanks in advance. 

Learning

3 Replies

prakash chandra jain (proprietor.)     18 October 2014

dear. it is necessary for her whom you want to marry to seek legal divorce despite the fact her husband has contracted second marriage without divorce. it is possible to seek divorce on mutual consent from her former husband u/s13a hindu marriage act. otherwise you will invite complication in your life. prakash chandra jain advocate indore free legalaid to needy .no.-09479848437 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 October 2014

For a legal marriage without any complication tell your beloved first take divorce from her husband only then think for remarriage , she can opt mcd and get divorce after completion of first motion i.e. 6 months .

Heartbroken (T)     18 October 2014

Thank you respected @Prakash Chandra Jain and @Laxmi Kant Joshi .Yes,I was also thinking in the same line that no matter if her marriage was registered or not, she needs a divorce to get married again.Thanks for the confirmation.This is just a proposal that I received and I am not in love with her,thankfully so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register