Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar.H   12 December 2019

Succession (property & christian law of succession)

I am a 65 year old married man with 2 adult unmarried children. I have one elder brother who is the eldest in the family, he has a daughter and she is married. I have one elder sister who has a son and is married. I am the youngest among my siblings. Just recently my mother has passed away so after reading the will which is not registered. In the will it is mentioned that the property is to be sold. I have noticed that my share is to go into a trust in a Capital Gains Scheme and only the Net Income shall be paid to me and i will not be entitled to the Capital and in the event of my demise, my wife and children shall be entitled to the net income but the capital will remain in the hands of the Executors/Trustees but my brother and sisters share is going into the capital. So this is how it is mentioned in the will. 

(I was not present when this will was written but i am 100% sure my brother and sister were present along with the executors and witnesses have planned something. what i mean to say is that they are friends with the executors and witnesses,)

To simplify things

I am 65 married with 2 unmarried sons and youngest in the family. 
My eldest brother who is the eldest in the family is married with one daughter who is married.
My sister is married with one son who is married.

My share is going into a trust in captial gains scheme even though i am alive and my children are adults. Only by brother and sister will get their shares in captial after the property is sold. I am currently residing in my mothers property, my father died over 20 years ago and the property was passed on to my mother. 

This seems not fair. Is this possible? I fear some sort of manipulation and fraud activity. My mother was 81 years old when she wrote this will. Why should only my share go into a trust in some Capital Gain Scheme with only the net income given to me? I am alive and well in health and my children are adults. How can only their shares be given to them after sale of property and my share not given to me? I am living in my mothers property  for 5 years and taking care of her as any human being will do and was here at the time of her passing for. My brother and sister live in their own properties, i do not own a property. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register