LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Z   31 May 2017

Subpoena for deleted emails

I wanted to file an case against my wife for divorce as she is indulged in external affair. The email communication between them have been deleted from yahoo mail account. I wanted to retrieve the same using court order, what is the process in India.

I have searched in web and found subpoena is the process in USA for retrieving deleted emails, ( check the below link for more information) . What is the process in India.

https://www.justanswer.com/criminal-law/2ilzu-court-order-retrieve-emails-yahoo.html

Learning

11 Replies

Advocate G. Mungaru ( Associate Advocate)     31 May 2017

Originally posted by : Z
I wanted to file an case against my wife for divorce as she is indulged in external affair. The email communication between them have been deleted from yahoo mail account. I wanted to retrieve the same using court order, what is the process in India.

I have searched in web and found subpoena is the process in USA for retrieving deleted emails, ( check the below link for more information) . What is the process in India.

https://www.justanswer.com/criminal-law/2ilzu-court-order-retrieve-emails-yahoo.html

First procedure is to contact a Lawyer.  Without that you cant do anything.  Contact good advocate and tell him your problem.  he will do needful.

Z   31 May 2017

I did contact few esteemed  lawyers personally and none of them had any idea about it. So I thought to put this up in the forum for help

Z   31 May 2017

Can I get any reference of lawyer's whom I have to connect with preferably in Bangalore. In case of lawyer's outside Bangalore, I can take an consultation and work with Bangalore lawyer to get that going in court

Z   31 May 2017

Can I get any reference of lawyer's whom I have to connect with preferably in Bangalore. In case of lawyer's outside Bangalore, I can take an consultation and work with Bangalore lawyer to get that going in court

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 June 2017

I think no court order is necessary. You can browse for retrieving emails. 

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-recover-lost-or-deleted-emails-in-yahoo-mail-1174497

Z   01 June 2017

The email account is of my wife and she will not allow me to access it now. The deleted emails will make my case stronger in court if I get them through subpoena. Kindly help how can I get the same in Indian courts, does someone had the similar scenario

Z   01 June 2017

The email account is of my wife and she will not allow me to access it now. The deleted emails will make my case stronger in court if I get them through subpoena. Kindly help how can I get the same in Indian courts, does someone had the similar scenario

Adv. Rakesh Martyn   01 June 2017

Sir, if you are doing all this, what is your advocate doing? Eating grass?

Z   01 June 2017

My advocate is also checking about it. I thought raising an query in this forum so That I can get some information if anyone would have handled such a scenario

Z   01 June 2017

My advocate is also checking about it. I thought raising an query in this forum so That I can get some information if anyone would have handled such a scenario

(Guest)
It is illegal to access someone else's emails. If you try to do it yourself, you could face criminal action under IT act. Needless to say court won't help you get them either through orders. Also Indian courts have absolutely no jurisdiction on Yahoo email servers that reside in USA. So stop all this thinking and pursue another direction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register