LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BTS.BADRI   26 March 2019

State vigilance inquiry followed by punishment by the govt.department

I am a government employee.I travelled abroad for a short trip without obtaining permission from the government department.So charges were framed and punishment was awarded.I am still under punishment. TWO charges were framed of which one is travelling abroad without prior permission and it was proved.Second is travelling abroad for helping a company who was awarded 50 crore work by the same government department.But second charge could not be proved and hence dropped. Though I am still under punishment State vigilance(DVAC) called for an inquiry. Is this as per law? Will there be any extension in the punishment based on recommendations of the DVAC?. Kindly advise.

Learning

2 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     27 March 2019

It appears that your interal enquiry and punishment process was completed, with your Department imposing punishment on you.

However, since it involves other aspects beyond violating internal departmental rules, may be the State Vigilence Department is looking into the matter. Government authorities can approach any citizen with regard to details they wish to obtain regarding a particular incident such citizen is involved if they suspect. You may cooperate with the authorities.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     27 March 2019

Your only query was whether DVAC can initiate enquiry after Depttl. enquiry is taken up on self same issues?

The answer is in affirmative. You being a public servant, any deriliction or negligence in duty can be subject matter of independent enquiry by DVAC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register