LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Start morning & afternoon shifts in all Indian schools

If we introduce morning & afternoon shifts in all govt & private schools of India ,it'll have the following advantages

1. all indian children will be ensured education

2. More employment opportunities for unemployed teachers,staff members,&other workers like clerks,administrative personel,bus drivers,peons,etc

3. no. of students in each classroom can be kept not more than 20-30,because even higher no. of children,they can be equally divided in both shifts

*at present usually 1 classroom has around 40-50 students,creating so much burden on teachers.....students don't get individual attention.....weak ones lag behind in studies....indiscipline is also created.

Please give your comments

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)

Go to search in google "Double-shift schooling: design and operation for cost-effectiveness" its free ,Great book for cost effectiveness.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     16 September 2010

So many schools conducts vocation and professional course in the evening shift. I agree that the stength of student in a class room should be less, for better management and more attention per student.

(Guest)

"More employment opportunities for unemployed teachers,staff members,&other workers like clerks,administrative personel,bus drivers,peons,etc"

here i mean more employment opportunities for "NEW" set of teachers,staff members,clerks,etc who will work in the afternoon shift;not the same persons who worked in the morning shift....

otherwise if same people continue in 2nd shift,it'll burden them.

(Guest)

i agree some schools conduct such vocational coourse;but all do not.....

secondly these programmes occupy a few rooms;not all rooms of the concerned school

so why not adopt shift system in those schools  which dont rent out their rooms for vocational courses?

moreover in schools where vocational courses are conducted,they can allot special rooms for that purpose like resource rooms,school halls,assembly rooms,etc...why use classrooms?

i know 2 such schools in my neighbourhood,that give their rooms after schools for such courses...but they dont give classrooms...they give their large halls,meeting rooms,auditoriums etc for this purpose,and many chairs are laid for these courses...when the course timing is over,the workers keep all the furniture back in their places

some schools also have vocational programmes just on weekends...while double shift system is for weekdays

or else colleges can be used for evening vocational programmes....why use only schools?

what i mean to say is that alternatives can always be found out,when a double shift system is adopted...it's very much possible

Yes, u r right, our resources must be utilized to full strength, for the larger benefit of the country. But mis management and understanding comes in the way.

Once I have read that our courts too will run in three shifts, to reduce the burden,

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     16 September 2010

Good idea .Less cost  make the  infrastructure built upon our money more useful for educating  more students..

Prosperity of the nation depends upon, how we utilize/mobilize our resources and manpower to the maximum limit. Govt. dept. have very vast infrastructure which must be utilized to maximum level in larger interest of the Nation.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     17 September 2010

Your idea of using more institutions as shift was  put in practice long ago by South City College, Near Gol Park   Calcutta  . Three colleges of different entity  was functioning in the same building .  from morning six o clock to night ten o clock. The colleges were managed by  Brahamo Samaj. It helped a lot of students at that time to take up their studies suiting their timings.

(Guest)

@P.K.HaridasanI am Online

.thanks for telling me this

its highly beneficial even for unemployed people,as they can get job in second shift,when the 1st shift workers leave...think about how much employment it'll create...

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     17 September 2010

Instead of doing something for the development of the country, the people sitting in government offices try to kill introduction of new  ideas  fearing comments from the public and losing their monthly fixed assured pack and family benefits. 

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     17 September 2010

Sir, also I have seen that whoever join govt. services, becomes dull, lazy and useless, just for ex. see the PWD and DDA, where once students of IITs and Roorkee were getting job, but see their quality, innovative skills, R&D tendencies, all gets blunted after passing some year due to idleness.

(Guest)

All such idealistic brain waves are good for nothing as the state held hostaged by the upper castes hindu manuwadi manhoos brahmin first and last community want their tiolets , internal /external drains, sewege systems to be cleaned by some lower castes by birth. They are holding more than 90 % of the lands which needed to be tilted and they need to keep people illiterate. That's why we find so much agaitations by the youth for equality who are up and against the upward mobility of the lower class. So your lofty ideas will be sent to the cold storage till a bl**dy civil war breaks out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register