LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udayan (NA)     08 September 2009

Spelling mistake in Sale Deed

Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a flat and realised that in the sale deed, my name is mispelt as "UADYAN" instead of "UDAYAN" in the "Schedule of Flat" page and the "Receipt" Page of the agreement but is correctly spelt in the first page. The broker who completed all the processes advises that we can simply correct the name in those two pages with Ink and then put the signatures of buyer (me) and the seller. Is this valid ?

Learning

1 Replies

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     08 September 2009

RECTIFICATION DEED

The proceedure is very simple, ask your Vendor to execute a Rectification Deed in your favour stating the reason for correction in the Sale Deed (better show the mistake as due to typographical error and by over sight) in the pages where mistakes were committed and dont listen to the broker because once the sale deed is completed and registered the registered document will be scaned and stored in C.D. If you correct the mistakes by yourselves and putting the signatures of vendor and the Purchaser without registration will not be recorded in the C.D. and will be not be entered into the concerned records and the expenses is also minimum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register