Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin saini (lawyer)     15 February 2012

Specific performance

hello seniors

i have one query regard to specific performance, i m working as a intern under a civil lawyer and he has given me an assignment to find out a case law  upon specific performance

main querry is :-

a property dealer deals with the person for buying a commercial showroom on amount of rs 90 lakh for which he paid  rs 10 lakh as advance, executed an agrement to sell and  commited to be present in front of the office of sub registrar  for payment of balance payment and executing the sale deed on the specified date as they mentioned in thier agreement to sell.

now the problem arise

property dealer cheated on the day of execution by saying to the seller that he had not gathered whole payment  and asked for some more time and after that he filed a  suit for specific performance undersection 10 of specific performance to sell the property on the amount of rs 90 lakh    and after trial of 5 years  that property now cost around 10 - 12 crore .

my project is to find a case law  which shows that property dealer has no interest in that . i mean his sole purpose is to sell out the property further with the intention to get profit ........ specific performance is all about in which no monetary benefit can compensate the real good .

points the property dealer is saying

1. that he had sufficient balance on that day  and he is ready and willing to pay all the balance consideration
  2. and on that day he has marked his presence in the office of sub registrar ,and he has proof for that ....

I already searched a lot and go through with some judgement as under section 16 and secyion 20 regard conduct and discretionary power of court   but ,

my urge is  to plz help me in  finding a case law which shows in terms of immovable property  that ,,with the purpose of selling land further,,,,,,,,, or  the one who deals in land commercially with the main motive to take advantage of inflation and law ,,,,,NO SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE WILL BE GRANTED

Learning

4 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     16 February 2012

things will be more guided by the documentary proof.

if the Property Dealer had the power of attorney to deal with that property and to furhter file any necessary lis then certainly he has some locus standi.

if he was merely a facilitator then certainly he had no locus standi....the availability of funds otherwise now has to be shown in real, the amount is required to be carried to the Registrar's office and it must be proved as well.

presence of property dealer is immaterial if the owner of the property is not there.

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     16 February 2012

unless the  aggrement  for  sale is  rescinded  or  the  suit has become time barred ,   the  purchaser has every right to  file  suit for specific performance of the  contract  as per the  terms  of the  aggrement    that the  purchaser   would be  benefited by  further  sell  is  no  defence to  the  suit   

Nitin saini (lawyer)     16 February 2012

thanks  kiran kumar g   and Shantilal g  for ur reply

but now the case is on the stage of cross examination of that property dealer ,,,, and he said in his affidavit that he has sufficient funds to complete the deal  but dont want to produce his tax returs for past five years  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the thing which i am looking for is that is there any case law which can support us to dismiss that specific performance petiton on the grounds that property dealer just want to further sale it and want to gain escalation profit which arises due to passage of time and inflation

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     20 February 2012

The ground of "further sale  and  the otherside wants to gain escalation profit which arises due to passage of time and inflation"  is not  availble to you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register