LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandan Nasta (n/a)     18 August 2014

Some things that i need answers for

I need to know some things that’s the reason I am asking over here. Just a normal person and wanna have some knowledge before approaching someone and taking some legal action against a BPO/KPO Industry. So these are some of my issues:

1. If the company deducts PPF contribution in their name from an employee's salary as well as employee's contribution also from his salary only, then what action can be taken in such kinda scenario which is ongoing since past so many years and company gives some common reason that it’s the company’s rule to do that. If you want to take PPF you can opt for it and if you don’t want to opt for it then don’t take PPF you will get your full salary in your hand.

2. When a manager/Teamleader/Assistant Manager takes an employee's appraisal inside the cabin and discusses your appraisal score, they always give you a warning kinda talk at the end saying if you tell the score outside to anyone it would come under the compliance issue. So if we break the compliance thing they would sack us from the company on the spot for it or give us a warning letter/Disciplinary action plan. Now if we fight back for the same that we have done nothing wrong but still we have broken the company law so we can be blacklisted in the global company software which every call centre’s check for your background reviews where we wont be taken by any call industry in India and also we could go behind bars for acting rude or defending ourselves when company security guys come to pick you up for making you go out of the office. Is this legal/illegal about company compliance discussing/talking your appraisal scores with your friends in the office? What can be done in such kinda scenario.

3.  If the company has changed his name few times in past few years what does that mean. I would also like to add that the company always applies for ISO certification every year and they pass and get certification for the same.

4. Also in my past 2 organizations in so many years we had a drill program for safety in every 6 months. In the current organization I have never done any kinda drill thing for safety. So is there something that I do need to worry about becoz company always says we have preventive measures for the same but I really don’t know about that till date.

5. How can you check annual profit of a particular BPO/KPO. Is there any place that we can visit to check as a common person and know about the details? The reason I am asking this is because company always gives less appraisal and Says Company can’t afford much and performance issues and company has several other things to look after.

I also would like to know being a common person/individual if I want to fight against a big organization like a KPO/BPO I cant do anything because they have got money power and can take any action against me or my life. Are there any organizations outside who can fight with these huge companies where we can approach them and we wont be harassed/harmed by them.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 August 2014

All your questions have answers, that too very proper and satisfying, but for that you should approach a reputed law firm in your city, who will address all your problems properly at a nominal fee.

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     26 August 2014

1. If the company deducts PPF contribution in their name from an employee's salary as well as employee's contribution also from his salary only, then what action can be taken in such kinda scenario which is ongoing since past so many years and company gives some common reason that it’s the company’s rule to do that. If you want to take PPF you can opt for it and if you don’t want to opt for it then don’t take PPF you will get your full salary in your hand.

ans - PPF is personal savings only. what you pay in your capacity as an emplyee is called PF. the company pays the same amount as well. Also, together you are paid somewhere near to 8-9% cumulative at the end after you finish documentation (submitting relevant PF withdrawal form to your HR).

2. When a manager/Teamleader/Assistant Manager takes an employee's appraisal inside the cabin and discusses your appraisal score, they always give you a warning kinda talk at the end saying if you tell the score outside to anyone it would come under the compliance issue. So if we break the compliance thing they would sack us from the company on the spot for it or give us a warning letter/Disciplinary action plan. Now if we fight back for the same that we have done nothing wrong but still we have broken the company law so we can be blacklisted in the global company software which every call centre’s check for your background reviews where we wont be taken by any call industry in India and also we could go behind bars for acting rude or defending ourselves when company security guys come to pick you up for making you go out of the office. Is this legal/illegal about company compliance discussing/talking your appraisal scores with your friends in the office? What can be done in such kinda scenario.

All companies can make their own rules so that the employees shall not discuss the issues and thus to maintain peace and tranqulity within the big organisations. Also, you will need to know from your company what does the laws say which are incorporated. 

3.  If the company has changed his name few times in past few years what does that mean. I would also like to add that the company always applies for ISO certification every year and they pass and get certification for the same.

you can check the same on the ROC website. They may have changed the investment pattern. Some other companies may have bought over yours. (it may be the scenario)

4. Also in my past 2 organizations in so many years we had a drill program for safety in every 6 months. In the current organization I have never done any kinda drill thing for safety. So is there something that I do need to worry about becoz company always says we have preventive measures for the same but I really don’t know about that till date.

for this reason ask them to conduct one. ask your senior most people. Ask if the fire norms are fulfilled then to show it to you. You have the right to do so.

5. How can you check annual profit of a particular BPO/KPO. Is there any place that we can visit to check as a common person and know about the details? The reason I am asking this is because company always gives less appraisal and Says Company can’t afford much and performance issues and company has several other things to look after.

the annual report is available. Ask in your accounts finance. 

Also, the above questions can be answered in depth - you can email me in person at arpit.m.lalan@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register